Virgin Media down

Is anyone else having problems with Virgin Media tonight? I can't watch any TV channels as the signal is really badly affected. I might actually have to read a book!

I'm on the Peckham Rye side of East Dulwich.

Girl82 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Is anyone else having problems with Virgin Media

> tonight? I can't watch any TV channels as the

> signal is really badly affected. I might actually

> have to read a book!

>

> I'm on the Peckham Rye side of East Dulwich.

All is well with my Virgin service. I am in the same area. However, this time last week my service was unusably slow,

The engineer changed my modem and power supply and all was restored

Girl82 Wrote:

> Hmm, strange! My TV just has pretty much no signal

> at all. On the Virgin website it says there is a

> "known problem" in my area - hope they fix it

> soon!

Ah, you're talking TV, I'm talking broadband. I watch my TV via iplayer. That's it!

Hope they fix it soon for you

My virgin media service has not been working properly for several weeks, half the channels are not broadcasting.

When I phoned customer non-service I was told I couldn't be put through to the faults dept because of the high number of calls they were having. This was after holding to get through for around 30 mins. I wasn't very happy.......

At some point when I've got an hour of my life to waste I'll try again. I'll also be asking for compensation.

If I had a BT line I'd sack them altogether. Tempted to start that process anyway.

pipsky2008 Wrote:

> All is well with my Virgin service. I am in the

> same area. However, this time last week my service

> was unusably slow,

>

> The engineer changed my modem and power supply and

> all was restored

How did you get them to do that? We keep making complaints, and they keep telling us that we'll have to pay for a new router ourselves! They won't even send out anyone to have a look, despite the fact that sometimes we can only connect with a cable, wireless not working at all!!

Saffron Wrote:

> pipsky2008 Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----Sorry to hear that. I'm sure they wouldn't have come out to me had they not detected a fault as it is their technical services assistant on the other end of the phone line who run a diagnostic test which determines whether they send out an engineer.

I don't know and have no way of knowing if they relayed a private message to the engineer saying 'oh, by the way change his modem and power supply as they are nearly a decade 'obsolete', which was the word used by the engineer when he looked at the modem and power supply I had.

He in fact said it had been obsolete for 12 years. I have only been a virgin customer for 9 years, NTL before that. It had been working perfectly well until recently though.

>

> > All is well with my Virgin service. I am in the

> > same area. However, this time last week my

> service

> > was unusably slow,

> >

> > The engineer changed my modem and power supply

> and

> > all was restored

>

> How did you get them to do that? We keep making

> complaints, and they keep telling us that we'll

> have to pay for a new router ourselves! They

> won't even send out anyone to have a look, despite

> the fact that sometimes we can only connect with a

> cable, wireless not working at all!!

• 5 weeks later...

I'm on Crystal Palace Rd, my Virgin is also down. I've just spoke with Virgin and apparently there is a problem in the SE22 area and engineers are on the case, however the guy on help desk told me it can take up to 48hrs to fix. I asked about compensation and was told once Virgin is up and running to call back to arrange compensation.

Hope this helps.

There's been an intermittent problem for 3 weeks now. The engineer came out to us again end of last week. What we've been told is that there's a problem with the area signal and with the external boxes. None of our '4' channels work. Internet came and went but is ok now.

Have just moved back into the area and was going to sign-up today for Virgin Media... not sure that I really want to now.... Are the Virgin Broadand issues with their fibre network?

Between Virgin and Vodaphone issues.. I stuck with who to choose next....sigh

We never have any problems at all by the Harvester and have been with Virgin for 4 years. I think I've been without service once, I find it them really efficient.

I received this email from them last week regarding essential maintenance in the SE22 area, incase anyone wonders why it goes down on the 19th. Although may be specific to Forest Hill/Dulwich border.

"We?ll be doing some work to the network in your area on 19-06-2013. This means you won?t be able to use your broadband for a very short time on that day. You may also find that there is a short interruption to your phone service.

We know how important your services are to you, and we?re happy to tell you that the work won?t take long. In most cases, your broadband will be back up and running after 10-30 minutes. Though in rare cases, it could take up to 4 hours. As soon as we?ve finished, we?ll email you to let you know.

Don?t worry, once we?ve finished the work, your broadband router will reconnect to the network automatically ? you won?t need to do a thing."

On the phone to Virgin now. Worth calling them just to hear the Scouse woman's message telling you that the whole of the Portsmouth network is pretty much fudged. The update for us is yet another technician coming out tomorrow morning. Grrr.

Hi, I have been speaking to virgin for the past few days, i have signed up for text updates 4 hours ago they said it would be fixed by 6pm tonight, I have just this second got a text to say 10pm. Guess we need to make most of the nice weather!

On the back of this and ongoing service problems from virgin I have jumped ship and moved to BT Infinity, they cant be as bad surely!

Just been on the phone to Virgin. They can credit ?4 back to your account to compensate for the loss of service but you need to phone I think otherwise you won't get it! Call 150 and go to customer services.

Also if you have had extra expenses because of the outage (eg I had to go into my client's office because of lack of broadband), insist on getting them to pay for it. They are reluctant but eventually they refunded my train ticket as a 'gesture of goodwill'. Good luck!