Recommendation - Painter/decorator/plasterer, etc

Delighted to add another huge recommendation for Carl and his colleague Paul. They redecorated 4 rooms in our house to a very high standard. This involved painting walls, woodwork, some wallpapering and also repairing and replastering some quite large cracks. They worked hard, were delightful to have around the house and were extremely clean and tidy. All 4 rooms look amazing - I will certainly be using Carl again and have no hesitation in recommending him to others.

• 2 months later...

Echoing what others have said! Carl and Paul recently repainted our lounge, stairs, hallway, bathroom and all of our interior doors. They did a fab job, were very friendly, reliable, punctual and hardworking, and left the rooms clean and tidy at the end of each day. Communication was fantastic, we always knew where we stood, how long the job was going to take and how much it would cost (they stuck to their original quote exactly, no nasty surprise hidden costs!). We got several quotes from local painters before we booked them, and they were the most competitive.

Great standard of work, we've received so many compliments on the decorating...and it was so much nicer to hand it over to professionals rather than slogging over it ourselves! Carl also gave us some really helpful advice about paints, and was considerate of the fact that I'm 5 months pregnant by using acrylic rather than oil-based paint for our woodwork, to keep fumes to a minimum. He also let me know when the dustiest days would be, so that I could stay out of the way and not breathe it all in!

I'm a bit of a perfectionist, so I really appreciated it towards the end of the job when Carl actively encouraged me to check their work and point out any small issues I wanted touched up. I struggled to find any, but it was nice to be asked :)

Would definitely book Carl again next time we have a big decorating job. Highly recommended!

• 5 months later...

Hi not sure if you have found someone but I work closely with Dave Franklin, Berdec decorators who only works in dulwicy and has a great reputation on here.

He can be contacted on 07956688622 and he will be happy to discuss any works you want carried out.

Stacey hart

• 1 month later...

We are nearly at the finishing line of a head to toe renovation on a 5-bed house in Brockey. John McCann (07905 044912) has replastered nearly every wall in the place and I have absolutely no hesitation in giving him a fantastic recommendation.

Through the project we had a number of different trades coming on site which I was project managing. I think on the walk around three separate people made a comment along the lines of "oh you've got a great plasterer here" / "you've got a really good job done on the walls".

Not only has he done a really excellent job on a lot of wonky Victorian walls but John is a complete pleasure to work with. He's been flexible working around our changing timetable, given extra advice when we needed help, and gets on great with everyone else on site.

An absolute gentlemen - thank you again John! Happy to respond via PM if anyone wants more information.

• 7 months later...

Very happy to add a recommendation for Carl Ferri (07930316291).

Having previously used Carl for some interior work we had no hesitation in asking him to paint the exterior of our house. Carl and Paul did a great job, we are very happy with their work again. They are reliable and very tidy and considerate while working at the house, Carl was also felxible enabling us to arrange start dates around holidays and the weather, keeping us informed all the time.

Andy

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I can also highly recommend Carl (and his colleague Paul)! He painting our entire ground floor (walls, ceilings and woodwork), as well as the front door and staircase, following a renovation. He helped to sort out a few issues with our stairs at no additional cost, and was really helpful with some colour choice indecisions. We added a few items to the job along the way, but he was very accommodating and provided us with regular update on the how long the job would take. The finish is excellent, and they cleaned up every day. We will definitely use Carl again in the future. [email protected]

• 1 month later...
I?d like to add another strong recommendation for Carl Ferri- Carl has just finished painting our living and bedroom and has done a really fantastic job. Really great to deal with Carl throughout, lots of helpful advice along the way and great value for money- I wouldn?t hesitate to use Carl?s services again.

• 1 month later...
Another recommendation for Carl and Paul. They painted our stairs and did a number of other small jobs for us. Excellent work, good value and really polite and pleasant people to work with. They were particularly good at working around the needs of our family - we have a baby and a toddler and we?re aro a lot while they were working. We?ll definitely be using them again.

• 8 months later...
Carl and his team worked at our house for three weeks before Christmas. The work involved stripping wallpaper and was potentially very messy but everything was done with care and consideration. The repapering and decorating was done to a very high standard and work finished on time and to the original budget. We'd highly recommend Carl and will use him in future for any further work.

• 4 weeks later...
After being stood up 3 times, would you really wait in for a plasterer to turn up for a 4th appointment? Well that's my experience with CARL FERRI - really avoid this cowboy if you have a life to get on with. Total lack of consideration for anyone else's obligations!

Morri Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I would like to recommend Carl Ferri as well. He

> re-painted the outside of our house and cleaned up

> and painted our outside steps. He did a brilliant

> job, worked very hard and is a lovely guy! I would

> definitely get him to do more work for us.

> Morri

After being stood up 3 times, would you really wait in for a plasterer to turn up for a 4th appointment? Well that's my experience with CARL FERRI - really avoid this cowboy if you have a life to get on with. Total lack of consideration for anyone else's obligations!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Another recommendation for Carl and Paul. Carl came over really quickly after making contact and provided a quote. Our timings worked out and we?ve just had most of our house repainted. It took a week (which was great especially as we are expecting a baby soon!) and we are really happy with how it all looks. Great finish and very clean professional work. Carl was happy to add bits to the job as we went along and was generally a really nice guy to deal with. If we need any more painting work done I wouldn?t hesitate to contact Carl.

• 2 months later...

Just like to add my recommendation for Carl Ferri who did a fantastic job painting our hallway and bedrooms.It's really brought our rooms to life. His team were great with moving around our furniture and took great care to keep our home clean and tidy throughout the job. He also colour matched the paints perfectly so we could use Farrow and balls colours without the cost. I'll use him again for any future painting.

Contact him on: [email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

Really happy to add another recommendation for Carl Ferri. Response to our initial emails was prompt as was providing a quote following a visit to the property. He was punctual and professional and provided advice about colour and matched the paints for us. Have already arranged for further decorating work.

[email protected]

• 1 month later...

Equally happy to add a further recommendation for Carl and his team. Carl takes great care in everything he does, finishing work to a really high standard and you often barely know he?s been there, in a positive sense of course. We didn?t have to worry about any mess or inconvenience and we are a really pleased with the end result. I couldn?t recommend Carl highly enough.

[email protected]

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to add another recommendation for Carl Ferri. Carl recently painted the masonry on the outside of our house and has done a really fantastic job. Carl is a really nice guy and has been SO helpful throughout the whole process. He was punctual, tidy, worked around our timings and kept in regular contact. Highly recommend Carl!

• 2 weeks later...

Carl and Annette have just completed decoration to our kitchen, bathroom and stairwell in SE1, and they?ve done a really beautiful job. The whole place is sparkling.

We were very unlucky with builders who made a real mess of walls and plastering, so there was loads of prep to do. Somehow Carl and Annette managed to complete this whole job with virtually zero dust or mess. Beautiful paint, and sharp wallpapering skills, and none of it was straightforward. We?re delighted with the result.

I can honestly say that it was a pleasure having these lovely, respectful and professional people in our home. They have transformed the place, and the positive experience has been a VERY welcome cherry on the top.

I highly recommend Carl Ferri for all of your decorating needs!

Jack