What's Lytcott Grove Like?

Can anyone help me, please? I'm looking at properties in East Dulwich, currently living just outside the area, and I've noticed there are a few places for sale in Lytcott Grove. Does anyone on the Forum live around there, know about the road, can give any idea as to whether it's a nice, safe, place to live?

Many thanks

E

• 2 weeks later...

Some of Lytcott Grove was prettily set out like the rest of this district, but a bomb landed so after WW2 it received several blocks of council flats & maisonettes. These are well designed and spacious inside except they have inadequate sound proofing - concrete construction makes the stairwells and overhead flats echo. Thanks to Mags some which went into private ownership are fetching about ?330,000 now.

The public spaces have been carefully regenerated with a lot of patient effort and determination.

As in most parts of London there is a shadowy component, noisy mopeds in and out at any time of day or night indicate the crack, etc courier service and groups hang around outside making a lively party on the street, this escalates in warm weather.

Some of us would find it challenging to tolerate this so I feel it is only fair to answer your question candidly.

I have to say where we live the first bit off Melbourne Grove we haven't noticed any people hanging around or mopeds going through the night or any shadowy contingent! sure there can be a bit of noise from the flats above, but we had that in our last place a Victorian terrace (that was Rodwell Road and incidentally there were more people just hanging there on the street then in Lytcott Grove). Where ever you live in London there's noise and bustle, it's just what happens in flats. We love the public spaces and the last bank holiday they were being used - families having picnics, people just enjoying the space which was great to see.