Appeal for local support: Aquarius Festival 2013

In 2011/12 the Golf Club was awarded ?600 from the Community Council Fund for last years event (?) (Brian can correct me if I'm wrong) which is an annual fund open to anyone in the borough to apply to, wishing to hold a one off event or activity that benefits a local community.

Often the money allocated doesn't cover all the costs, so any recipient organisation is within their right to charge a fee. For example we were awarded ?800 last year towards our TRA annual coach trip (this year we are receiving ?400) but the coach costs ?1200 to hire and we charge ?5 a seat to residents going on the trip. So the funding allows us to provide an affordable day out.

Funding to the Golf Club in turn allows them to provide a cheap event. Equipment, tents, insurance, TEN licence etc....all of these essential things cost money. I'm pretty sure the Golf club is making very little if anything from it. We are not talking Gleneagles here!

• 2 weeks later...

Can everyone who wants to show their support please PM me with the address details?

A few have said 'I'm in' but not contacted me by PM.

The more, the merrier, and the cut off date for producing the boards is nearly on us!!!

Cheers!

Brian

Sorry about that. Not everyone out there keeps their Word up to date. I'll make a point of saving in more formats in future.

Festival poster to come soon!!!!

dbboy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Am unable to open the .docx file, can you add it

> as either a .doc or PDF file. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for 'late entry' only saw your message the other day.

I love the Aquarius event and always tell all my friends.......will do so again this year!!

Is there a poster I print out to put on the gates at my allotments?

Address is: 22 Rosenthorpe Road, London, SE15.

Sarah

You were supposed to send the address by PM Sarah!!! Perhaps you should delete this one now i have made a note of your address.

If you send me an e-mail address (also by Private Message!!!) I'll send you a pdf file to print and display. Many thanks for that!!!!

Brian