Don't want your school place? Please let the LA or school know!

I hope they don't offer me the same school which I rejected (at 2 miles away), I simply cannot make the round trip with a younger child in nursery the other end of the borough. What happens if I reject this place again?!

Hi Abney, if you have rejected the offered school and haven't been offered another one, Southwark would still be holding the place at the offered school. Places allocated after September will be allocated using the same admissions criteria as before. Please pm me where your younger child is at nursery, maybe it would be worth adding your older child's name to other schools' lists? Last time I checked, the two Southwark school's with the shortest waiting lists in the area were Hollydale in Nunhead (Ivydale bulged) and St Francesca Cabrini in Honor Oak Park (Fairlawn had a late bulge). Both these schools have been rated as good by Ofsted and I've heard unofficially that both have had good SATs results.

Renata

• 3 weeks later...

Just a reminder now we're a bit further down the line to please reject any unwanted community schools place if you've decided on an alternative. There's a fair bit of movement in the waiting lists now (although personally we're only back to where we started!) so thanks to all who have done so. We're desperately hanging on for a place via the lists, and unfortunately because I don't know yet whether my daughter will be going to a school nearby that she knows, with her friends, or will have to travel to an entirely new area where she won't know anybody, I'm not able to do much to prepare her for the huge life change of starting school.

Please make the effort if you haven't already done so!