Fine for entering bus lane on Peckham Rye

All Bus Lanes should have a sign informing you of the impending Bus lane prior to the lane beginning. The Bus Lane should also have a sign at the very beginning of the lane. If either signs are missing, unclear, pointing the wrong way or vandalised, your appeal should be upheld. Take photographs to support your appeal.

If you approach a Bus Lane from an adjoining road, again, there should be a warning sign informing you of the Bus lane and its times of operation.

You should always request photographs (video prints) of the allegation. Call the number on the PCN or write to the Local Authority. You should receive a minimum of two photographs, one of the vehicle in the bus lane and one of the Vehicle Registration Mark (number plate) magnified for identification purposes. If you are not provided with the two photographs, for whatever reasons, your appeal will be upheld.

If you prefer, owners can ask for an appointment to view the recording. Some Local Authorities normally enclose a viewing request form which can be used to book an appointment. There is no charge for viewing the video recording.

If you do nothing, the Local Authority will send you an Enforcement Notice, 28 days after the PCN was issued.

You can then make a formal representation on the following grounds:

?X The recipient was not the owner/keeper.

?X The contravention did not occur.

?X The vehicle was taken without consent

?X A Fixed Penalty Notice has already been issued by the Police .

If the council waives the Penalty Charge Notice, you will receive a letter, Notice of Acceptance of Representations, informing you of this. If they decide that the PCN should not be waived, you will be sent a letter explaining why. This is called a Notice of Rejection of Representations . With this letter, you should receive a form called a Notice of Appeal, allowing you to appeal to the Independent Parking Adjudicator. You can either pay the charge or send your appeal to the Parking Adjudicator within 28 days.

I got caught in camberwell last week, it was in the bus stop (which I guess is part of the bus lane) and I was only in it about 3 metres before it turned into the lane to turn right.....?20 a metre, ruined my day a bit!

I dont think there is much you can complain about, there was a picture of me doing it on the back of the fine so didnt stand a chance really