Paint on cars - Dunstans road

A number of cars on Dunstans road have got white paint on them this morning. The pots seem to have been left at the corner of underhill and upland road where another car was also smeared. Might be useful info if someone calls the neighbourhood police team. Tks.

From what I saw it was mainly on the side windows. Looked like letters in some cases. I saw about 7 or 8 from a quick glance along the road this morning but wasn't early and lots of people would've left earlier so could've been much more. Was at least up to the Goodrich mini-roundabout.

It was tile adhesive by the time they reached one bit of street - like thick porridge. Bad luck if they targetted you - go to the Police who are gathering up all the incidents. They said a moped's been stolen too.

Gestures of vandalism are usually intended to scare people and thus reclaim a sense of 'ownership' of 'territory'. The ones who did it will be delighted if there is a big fuss and we all creep away indoors.

This happened on Upland too, and I saw the people responsible, whom I assume could have also done the rest of the damage (it was 1:45am when I was woken up by loud voices, and saw them walk up the street). From what I understand one of my neighbours recognised one of them, so hopefully they will be reprimanded appropriately.

They were children, can't have been much older than 13. God only knows why/how they came to be roaming the streets at that time of the morning.

Rang 101 and reported my daubing this morning. [to add to the three times my car has been run into since I moved back to ED in January!] Anyone heard anything more? Horrible to see the car with DIE DIE on the windows at the end of Dunstans Road.

I agree, if by 'reprimanded' you mean scared witless by a visit from the cops and many hours of cleaning, scrubbing etc of affected cars or similar.

Pickle Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This happened on Upland too, and I saw the people

> responsible, whom I assume could have also done

> the rest of the damage (it was 1:45am when I was

> woken up by loud voices, and saw them walk up the

> street). From what I understand one of my

> neighbours recognised one of them, so hopefully

> they will be reprimanded appropriately.

>

> They were children, can't have been much older

> than 13. God only knows why/how they came to be

> roaming the streets at that time of the morning.

Following on from the messages above one car covered in paint this morning on Dunstans Road... black gloss paint so I would echo don't leave paint on the street for people to take just in case this was opportunistic. If anyone sees a can in a bin or somewhere near upland road please drop a note on here just in case any fingerprints.