Rehoming a cat - advice needed

pearl1

I'm looking to rehome my mother's cat as she is going into care. Celia Hammond haven't replied to me, Cats Protection in Croydon said they can't take him and Battersea has a waiting list. 

I feel so sad for him as he's been alone in the house for 2 months now, apart from the cat sitter popping in every day. Does anyone know any other rehoming charities that might be able to help? 

• Sad 1

I can recommend Croydon Animal Samaritans. Their main cat rescuer lives in Catford and does rescue work in our area. I've known her for years.         I would expect her to be able to help you, but let me know if you still have problems.

Edited by Joe
Removed phone number by request
  • Like 1

Perhaps other branches of Cats Protection might be able to help - 0300 012 1212

I have a friend who lives in Camberwell, and is currently looking to re-home an older cat. Let me know if all other options don't work out. 

Edited by cactus
typo
  • Like 1

If there are long waiting lists, it may be worth getting him on one and then seeing if anyone from the forum could foster him in the mean time - maybe a little advert with some more information about him and his needs, as well as some requirements of potential foster cat parents and their homes 

• Like 2