Euro 2008

????

Thats because they are a bunch of spoilt, overpaid, overrated, lazy brats! Instead they drive around in their flashy cars, not knowing what to do with salaries that could feed third world countries for decades! Not even qualifying, jeeez! They need to do a "Rocky" and get back to the basics, training hard, training regularly and training together more often and with coaches/managers who know what they are doing, what a laughing stock we must be!

Sorry, I don't know what went on here in this thread today and between who, I'm just sick as a dog we didn't qualify, hope I haven't stepd on toes. Makes things so much more exciting when you are actually part of an event, and willing your country to win, (even though we never do!) Just killed it for me this year.

Turkey so should have won that game last night

Atila can not be happy - not only was it a sucker punch, but the TV signal kept going - that's got to be sooo frustrating

Consolation isn't always welcome but for a team down to it's bare bones with suspension and injury they really rocked the Germans. Whoever wins tonights game, that's who I'll be rooting for

Still, if Spain lose we can always watch Mockney Piers crying into his tapas

mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> As a Hammer, England and Spain fan, losing has

> lost it's power to make me cry (well, not since

> nasty Liverpool stole that FA Cup off of us!!)

>

> Still, I'll always have the Hamlets *hacking

> coughs*

Boo hoo. ;-)

Its a shame though, the Turks really did deserve to win, the Germans were all washed up, how awful, I was hoping they would pull off a last minute blinder again, it is so nice to see it when any underdogs go through to the finals, although Turkey in their own right have an excellent team. I really enjoyed it when at the World Cup, a few years ago, the Cameroon Team (well quite a fews years ago!) looked like they were gona upset the applecart, or more recently the South Korean Team looked like they were gona cause upset! I just love it! they play on nothing more than raw skill and heart, love the fans and the sea of colours, although the brazilian team fans take some beating, what about that sea of orange for the Dutch! Shame my flatmates don't understand me or don't get what the appeal is.

muffintop Wrote:

Shame my flatmates don't understand me or

> don't get what the appeal is.

With football? Me too :(. Shame the tournament is almost over, perhaps for the 2010 WC we could boot out our respective housemates. >:D<

"South Korean Team looked like they were gonna cause upset!"

Believe you me they did!!!

"ooh look" said the linesman. "Spain seem to have scored, best do something about that", he pondered. "Aah yes, I'll flag it as having gone out, that'll get the Koreans through".

*points flag to goal*

muffintop Wrote:

> perhaps for the 2010 WC we could boot out our

> respective housemates

>

> Hey, how about we go one better and not only kick

> out our housemates, hook up and watch it together

> ha! I'll bring the beer!

Why didn't I think of that? ;-) I just bought a nice new 37" telly for Euro spectating too. :)-D

Hi - don't know if this is the right forum topic and you may have all seen this before and not being THAT much of a footie fan I have not read through all the pages of this topic to see if someone has posted this, but I fell about laughing watching three and a half minutes of very very UN-PC humour on this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RsQg1dnwiY&eurl=http://apps.facebook.com/superwall/view.php?src=se&id=1044433371&owner_id=699592637

Funny.

Very happy man today, I don't think I've ever had the luxury of watching a team of mine win an important game comfortably, very strange experience.

Good luck to the Russians, losing is as important as winning in learning your lessons; they're a young team who will be a force to be reckoned with in South Africa, I'm sure.

citizenED Wrote:

> Can someone please kick Cesc before he goes and

> plays brilliantly in the final. Not that I wish

> him any ill - I just don't want anyone to get the

> idea thay might buy him.

Don't think he will be going anywhere - just hope he doesn't get injured!