Any thoughts on Penge

jennyh

So, we exchanged contracts yesterday and are ready to move to Penge ;) The plan is to move end of May so really interested in making connections with families in the area. My daughter is 3.5 and my son is 1. I think the change might be a bit hard for my daughter so if she could make new friends in Penge that would be great. Also, it seems impossible to find nursery places in the area. Would anybody have any tip? We will carry on commuting to ED for the time being but ideally a nursery in Penge/Beckenham would be better. House prices seem to have gone up again in the past few weeks. When will it stop!!??

Congratulations Julie W! We completed on our house yesterday! We're going to be rennovating it over the next few months, so still based in West London until the summer, but will be visiting lots, so PM me and perhaps we could meet before we move in. My daughter and son are exactly the same age as yours (my son turns 1 next week!). We went to the playground in Cator Park yesterday and there were lots of mums with children of a similar age who had lots of suggestions for local groups. I think there are lots of people with children the same age in the area, which is great for friends / community, but definitely impacts on the old nursery places! I've just left a message for Cator Park Montessori, which is our nearest. I'm really hoping that the Alexandra Primary catchment doesn't shrink too far!

Shoe.Lane - did you get your house near Winsford Gardnes?

We did! Moved in yesterday. Have a feeling we'll be surrounded by boxes for quite some time hence but delighted with all the space. My oldest is 3 1/2 and she'll be at cator park Montessori in September. Youngest is 16 months. Would be lovely to meet up when you're ready!

Great news lizzichu!! We are moving on May 22nd. My son turned 1 last Thursday :)

Shoe.lane did you know if Cator Park Montessori has any availability?

We are competing on May 8th so will be coming over to do some decorating before the 22nd. Maybe we could meet, even for a very short time so our children can meet?

I will PM you both and see if we can organise something! Good news all around!!!

Quick question. We're visiting the new abode with my in-laws on Sunday, but have no kitchen facilities at present, so are planning to take them out for lunch. Any suggestions for where would be nice? Penge or Beckenham. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...