Waterproof bedding suggestions please!

I finally think my son is ready to try nights without 'pyjama pants' (ie nappies) - he's five and a half so it's been a long wait! I know I'll need a waterproof mattress protector - has anyone got any suggestions for good ones? I looked on Amazon and the best ones seem to be ?25+, is this right?

And do you think I need a waterproof (wee proof!) duvet protector too?

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks!

I'm new to all this but you could try these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pampers-Mats-Compact-Packs-Total/dp/B003P2UU7I

We use them under the cot sheet for our baby and under the bed sheet for our toddler (although they are meant to go on top, I think). They haven't been tested yet but we use smaller versions on our changing mat, which our baby has wee-d on numerous times and they are very absorbent.

The best ones I have found are 'hippy chick'. Quite expensive but keep the mattress completely dry and don't feel at all plasticky. The disposable ones are quite pricey and get a bit hot and sweaty. Cheaper protectors such as the ones from ikea tend to leak.

We don't have duvet protector. Just have spare cheap duvets which wash and dry easily.

My daughters bed had waterproof zip covers on the mattress so we didn't need one for her bed. As we co-slept mostly, or she came into our room through the night we had a small waterproof protector from John Lewis that had been handed down from my mum who had used it for all us kids, 20 odd years old and still did its job on the 3 occasions it needed to. It is exactly like they stock now, although they are full size of a cotbed now instead of just a disposable pad size. We also have John Lewis waterproof mattress protectors on all our beds, feel a bit crinkly at first but wear in quickly and all the mattresses are like new, not sweaty either with the plastic underlay. Would recommend them too, reasonably priced.

http://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-baby-waterproof-soaker-pad/p230507875

Thanks everyone. The Hippychick stuff did look good but once I'd added in a duvet protector, it was going to be ?70+, ouch. In the end, I spent ?50 on a kit from the incontinence website eric.org.uk that includes a mattress protector and a duvet protector. I'll keep you posted!