Ghosts and Hauntings In East Dulwich?

fish

in my old house in Camberwell, about 12 years ago, i walked out into the hallway and found a broom standing at a 45 degree angle on the edge of a step halfway down the stairs. just standing there on its own. it stayed there for about 15 seconds then fell down to the bottom.

was as if something was holding it there, then just let go.

regardless of cause, its one of the freakiest, dog titling its head, mind &*?$ things i've ever witnessed. will never forget it.

Penguin68 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> But where are the pesky kids to reveal the

> trickery when you need them...?

If we were to take the Scooby stance, there are no monsters - it's always, ALWAYS a dodgy grown up - usually someone you know. Makes it even more scarier - but Scooby always laughs at them and makes them look pathetic.

it's always, ALWAYS a dodgy grown up - usually someone you know.

I wouldn't go that far - although oftimes the 'dodgy grown-up' will be someone misinterpreting (in good faith) a perfectly natural event. And undoubtedly dodgy-grown-ups are responsible for the most pervasive of 'supernatural' scams - indeed they are ex-officio members of the House of Lords (some of them) on the back of it.

niall Wrote:

> in my old house in Camberwell, about 12 years ago,

> i walked out into the hallway and found a broom

> standing at a 45 degree angle on the edge of a

> step halfway down the stairs. just standing there

> on its own. it stayed there for about 15 seconds

> then fell down to the bottom.

>

> was as if something was holding it there, then

> just let go.

>

> regardless of cause, its one of the freakiest, dog

> titling its head, mind &*?$ things i've ever

> witnessed. will never forget it.

That's a good one actually - but could have been balancing as it fell over with the perception of being stuck.

Anyway it's more mousetraps for me as the bloody mouse was on top of my washing machine when I came in - I'd rather a free standing broom.

Angelina Wrote:

> Penguin, I was talking about the Scooby Doo world,

> not the real world.

>

> And John L - are you saying the ghost put the

> mousetrap in your house? how malevolent and cruel.

:) When the ghost uses them yes, Yvette fielding would describe him as dark Myself I might use humane ones and definitely not the ones with glue.

Anyway how the thing got on my washing machine is a mystery.

Spirit isn?t always earth bound, it?s a complex area we just do not have the ability to understand.

Current thinking from spiritualism is that some souls remain earth bound because of a bad passing or unresolved issues during life. Others believe the soul has already moved to the next phase of existence, but much like a tape recording or film, their energy is continuing to perform acts and memories from their earthly life. A recording frozen in time if you like.

Most spiritualists are of the belief that our soul goes elsewhere, to a new dimension where existence runs parallel with earthly life. It?s a complex area, but if you are interested please PM me and I can explain further. I also recommend a visit to Eltham Spirtualist Church. The members are friendly and would be more than happy to explain all of the above, and will also provide a working display of their beliefs.

Louisa.

They have left South London's very own Spring-Heeled Jack off that list who was seen around Forest Hill and Peckham in the 1830s:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spring-heeled_Jack

JohnL Wrote:

> As my physics teacher used to say - even if you

> see something and others do too - you can never

> tell you haven't participated in a group mass

> hysteria event (which happens)

>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria

>

> The latest mass hysteria event in Wikis list -

> Killer Clowns in 2016

Good explanation Louisa, I can see earth bound spirits, we have a couple of spirits at home, they appear, have a chat then disappear. The doubters and the open minded sceptics always have a "reasonable explanation" to why Spirits don't exist.

However they do, and more often then not, spirit just wants to have a chat. Best place for spiritual activity is one tree hill, we often go there.

If anyone is interested in an outing to one tree hill, pm me. :)

monica Wrote:

> Good explanation Louisa, I can see earth bound

> spirits, we have a couple of spirits at home, they

> appear, have a chat then disappear. The doubters

> and the open minded sceptics always have a

> "reasonable explanation" to why Spirits don't

> exist.

> However they do, and more often then not, spirit

> just wants to have a chat. Best place for

> spiritual activity is one tree hill, we often go

> there.

> If anyone is interested in an outing to one tree

> hill, pm me. :)

My mother and many of her friends were spiritualists - they all said they'd try and come back, but lots of them are dead now and they never did.

Of course I could be so insensitive they're all shouting at me and I don't notice :(

I knew my post would attract the nee sayers or the believers.

The majority of the forumites only have the Tv programme most haunted to go by, which is ignored and not taken seriously by the Spiritualist and mediums.

I see spirits, It happens randomly when the spirit wants to chat. I dont walk around with equipment to take pictures or record spiritual activity to build up evidence for my ability.

You don't want to believe, then fine. I am not here to convert, just to share my experiences.

monica Wrote:

> I knew my post would attract the nee sayers or the

> believers.

> The majority of the forumites only have the Tv

> programme most haunted to go by, which is ignored

> and not taken seriously by the Spiritualist and

> mediums.

> I see spirits, It happens randomly when the spirit

> wants to chat. I dont walk around with equipment

> to take pictures or record spiritual activity to

> build up evidence for my ability.

> You don't want to believe, then fine. I am not

> here to convert, just to share my experiences.

I'm fascinated by this and a believer, out of interest why do you think one tree hill is especially good for encounters with the spirit?

Do you think there are Ley lines there?