Football Focus

Otta

Parkdrive Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Just for you RD, taken from a Henry Winter piece

> in the Telegraph about that nice Roy Keane. But

> obviously you will call this mumbo jumbo and lies.

>

>

> "Keane is too old to be an angry young man any

> more, and also too intelligent. His outbursts are

> too many, too predictable, too weird. This

> columnist has been on the receiving end of

> splenetic sermons from Keane and Ferguson and the

> Scot wins hands down on the blood-chilling front.

> He came at you with the weight of history, with a

> CV of unimpeachable quality. Ferguson?s fury

> always felt calculated, always designed with the

> benefit of his dressing-room in mind. A Keane

> tirade left the supposed victim worrying about the

> assailant?s health of mind."

No, it's a journalist's opinion. You posted a fake quote...

I am new to this forum saw this football forum just wanted to see peoples opinions on Falcao

what do you think about him, how is he going to be in the premier league, top 5 scorers? let me know

just curious for me he is top class for every club he has played for.

Good record, will get some goals, but not sure he's going to set the world alight. Di Maria on the other hand is awesome.

Nice to see this thread pop up with some actual football talk rather than the usual shite.

What did people think about the whole Sterling rest thing?

Intersting support from the likes of Rio Ferdinand, especially what he said about Tevez whilst at United.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2792936/roy-hodgson-uneducated-dinosaur-says-raymond-verheijen-raheem-sterling-club-vs-country-row.html

I agree with what this fitness coach says. I don't think the manager did Sterling any favours by stating publicly the reason he was benched. The press can make a mountain out of a pinhead in this country.

I like Hodgson, but he's treated his player really poorly for me. And I think pointing to Michael Owen and even Robbie Fowler as examples of pacey players who have been over used from a young age burning out, is valid.

Owen had a pretty good career, but it will always look like a career that started with so much promise and never really lived up to it because he was never allowed to fully recover.

I just got all misty eyed watching this. My boyhood idol. Still no one to touch him as far as I'm concerned.

44 goals in 57 England caps including six hat-tricks (more than anybody else).

And for anyone who thinks the game started with the Premiership you can forget Alan Shearer's record because Jimmy pisses all over that and still holds the record of 357 goals in top flight football and six Golden Boots as the top flight's leading scorer. 466 goals in 659 appearances. I could go on.

I was gutted when he left Spurs for West Ham and I was inconsolable when he quit football a year later at just 31. I love him.

I like his story that despite his long term abstinece he still keeps booze in his house for guests etc but they alwauys get completley pissed becuase he pours such big measures from his drinking days. Good self control, I like an alcholic who can still pop into a pub and have an orange juice with his mates.

It's another reason why I admire him so much. I'd just started working on the Sunday People as a 16-year-old when Jimmy broke the story about his alcoholism with the journalist Frank Thorne. Probably the first used headline of 'My Booze Hell'. He came into the office a few times and I so wanted to go up to him and shake his hand and tell him how much I admired him but felt it wasn't appropriate at the time. He was going through such a rough patch I felt very sorry for him. Everyone in the office was in total awe of him. There was a hell of a lot of love in the building for him. He was such a hero to us all. I met him 30 years later and he is a really lovely bloke and whenever I see him I'm still that little kid playing football in the park who wanted to be him.