Football Focus

Otta

Only 5 teams from one country can enter the champions league, so 4th place would miss out if City and Liverpool won their respective European trophies and neither qualified in top four of EPL.

And good news if you're a fan of the Premier league is that because of the poor performance of Italian teams in Europe this season, the co-efficient has meant that 4 English clubs will continue to qualify for the Champion's league for next 2 years.

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I remember that Jah, same thing happened when

> Liverpool won the CL and Everton finished 4th,

> Everton didn't qualify for CL. ..

Yes they did, they just failed to make it out of the qualifying round.

Hahahahahahahaha!

West Ham have just had the request to increase the capacity of the OS to 60,000 as they have enough demand from season tickets alone; add in the number of exec boxes in there....we are coming for you, we are coming for you

red devil Wrote:

> That's right, didn't they lose to a club called

> Mentalist or something :)

> That doesn't explain why Spurs didn't qualify,

> that happened after Liverpool's win in the CL...

The year Liverpool won it UEFA made a special exception to allow Liverpool to defend the title even though they'd finished 5th. I think it was a one off.

red devil Wrote:

> Does this mean you won't be slagging off the 'big

> clubs' anymore?...

I won't, I quite like Leicester. I'll be concentrating my venom on mid-table bores...you know who you are :)

Some interesting fixtures this Saturday. Arsenal visit Everton who, though brittle at the back should be on a high after FA cup victory over Chelsea.

I don't think Arsenal can afford to drop any points in this one.

Leicester face a tricky tie at Palace, the only team in England who have not won a league match this year, so I believe. I think that could change as they are also on a high after FA cup victory.

Tottenham face an inform Bournemouth.

An interesting stat:

Leicester gained 20 points from the teams they play in their remaining fixtures.

Spurs gained 10 from the teams they have to play in the run in.

I think Palace are due a win. Having said that the number of times I've predicted a Leicester loss this season hasn't helped my Predictor scores one iota but I've gone 2-1 Palace. Probably the kiss of death for them.

Spurs have by far the tougher run in and being five points behind Leicester is a very tough ask. Obviously I want Spurs to win the title but if Leicester do pull it off it will surely go down in history as one of the greatest achievements in football league history.

Yeah, you're right. Wickham finally started scoring and then promptly got injured. I've tipped them for quite few wins this past few months and they keep losing. This is another reason I'm lurking at the depths of the Football Predictor League.

And Leicester go marching on. I fully expect Spurs to win tomorrow, but if they slip up I think it would be a huge psychological boost for Leicester as it would leave them on 66 and their closest rival yet to make 60.

Can't believe Liverpool lost today, I checked the score on 83 minutes and it was still 2-1, so I thought to myself "hope we don't conceed and equaliser". Couldn't believe it when I looked 15 minutes later.

And none of the other results went how I'd have liked either.

Otta Wrote:

> Can't believe Liverpool lost today, I checked the

> score on 83 minutes and it was still 2-1, so I

> thought to myself "hope we don't conceed and

> equaliser". Couldn't believe it when I looked 15

> minutes later.

>

> And none of the other results went how I'd have

> liked either.

That match was a tribute to the influence of Victor Wanyama who came on at half time. Apparently Liverpool were controlling the midfield first half.

That's what I'm hoping for Titch. Very interested to see which players come and go this summer. Benteke will surely be one of the first out the door at a huge loss, which is basically how LFC seem to roll (see also Carrol).