Football Focus

Otta

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> FFS, it's going to be purgatory on here if Spurs

> win the league...C'mon Leicester! :)

I felt I've been the only Spurs fan on here for ages so I'm happy a couple have come out of the woodwork. There's more than enough Irons on here anyway. ;-)

I think point being that Pochettino's net spend whilst in charge has been ?6m profit.

Leicester have spent more during the same period.

Alright, that doesn't tell the whole story- Spurs first XI at the weekend cost c.?85m compared to Leicester's c.?22m and West Ham's c.?63m.

But it still pales when put alongside City's c.?250m, United's c.?184m, Liverpool's c.?131m, Chelsea's c.?129m and Arsenal's c.?123m. (yes, i've just sat and worked all that out!).

And goodness knows how much injured players and substitutes cost for all those teams.

City and United's spending has represented unbelievably poor value. I'm not sure who is responsible for the signings at either club, but they should be sacked immediately. I suspect at City it's those Spanish blokes they got from Barcelona. Mangala and Otimendi have been useless and each cost upward of 30 million.

Sterling is turning into another Aaron Lennon/ Theo Walcott/ Tony Daley type speed merchant. Never ever worth 50 million squid.

Di Maria cost 50 odd million then was flogged a season later. Was that down to Van Ghoul?

earlydoors Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> City and United's spending has represented

> unbelievably poor value. I'm not sure who is

> responsible for the signings at either club, but

> they should be sacked immediately. I suspect at

> City it's those Spanish blokes they got from

> Barcelona. Mangala and Otimendi have been useless

> and each cost upward of 30 million.

> Sterling is turning into another Aaron Lennon/

> Theo Walcott/ Tony Daley type speed merchant.

> Never ever worth 50 million squid.

> Di Maria cost 50 odd million then was flogged a

> season later. Was that down to Van Ghoul?

Sterling has never been anything else. His price tag is all down to the fact that he is an English player and for some inexplicable reason they command ridiculous prices. Liverpool must be overjoyed.

Though Dele Alli only cost 5 million, Eric Dier approx the same. But I agree, English players playing in the Premier league are vastly over priced and it encourages clubs to go abroad for better value.

I think there is a lot of English talent in the lower divisions now and some Premier league clubs are taking a chance on them. Before the premier league it was commonplace to trawl the lower divisions for talent, especially as there wasn't a foreign market. Liverpool built a European cup winning squad with players from Chester (Ian Rush), Middlesborough (Souness), Northampton (Phil Neal) and the rest.

Yeah bit no one had hear of Alli, you can bet he'd go for a hefty fee now. Sterling had had a good season with Liverpool, showing he could play alongside a world class player like Suarez. In truth Suarez made him look good, but that's why he cost a fortune.

Otta, it's a nonsense that other people hadn't heard of Dele Alli as there were quite a few clubs monitoring his progress, including Man Utd and Liverpool but Spurs took the chance and wasted no time in snapping him up. Our gain, your loss. Ha ha ha ha.

From an English point of view, from a football point of view, from a fook the big clubs POV I'd be happy for Spurs to win....but it's Spurs FFS. I shall take solace in my 16/1 winnings if the worse comes to pass. In the meantime, COME ON LEICSTER

Obviously one game can change everything but i do like our momentum at the moment and Man City's is going the other way. We have a potentially crucial game against Man U at home and Arsenal too but we are currently 5/1 for a top 4 position which I think is good value.