Football Focus

Otta

• 2 weeks later...
I like Adrian as a stopper but I think Hart brings a bit extra. I think defence will benefit overall as they had some awful moments last season. And Adrian will fetch good price if he goes to Newcastle or wherever.

red devil Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Forget Hart, Hammers signing Little Pea will be

> the signing of the summer in the current market,

> an absolute steal. Disappointed MU haven't gone

> for him, we're still short of another proven PL

> goal scorer...

I can't believe we landed him, hope he's not crocked.

I think Chicharito will have twenty goals easy, even coming from the bench for the last 10 or 20 minutes, he will have 20 goals.

He is a guy that naturally the ball comes, rebound here, rebounds there, boom ? goal. The goalkeeper saves, he goes there, tap in ? goal. The cross is coming, he anticipates the first post header ? goal. And not even coming from the bench, we have this kind of player that scores 10, 15 goals and gives you 10 or 15 more points.

Jose Mourinho, April '17...

• 2 weeks later...

Alan Medic Wrote:

> ?75M for Lukaku. The world has gone mad.

I couldn't agree more, but not just because of this transfer. The whole transfer nonsense has become an unedifying spectacle, and players becoming more and more detached from reality. Over the past few years I've become less and less interested in the Prem and the divas antics spurred on by money grabbing agents is distasteful to say the least. The best thing about last season? Jermaine Defoe and his friendship with little Bradley Lowery. A shining light in an otherwise increasingly grubby sport.

red devil Wrote:

> Prediction time again, gets harder each year.

>

> Man City

> Man Utd

> Spurs

> Chelsea

>

> Relegated - Brighton, Huddersfield, Watford

Bold RD - feel Chelsea have a Mourinho year coming up? I think Spurs will too *ducks*.

ManU

Man C

Chelsea

Liverpool

Relegated- Swansea, Bournemouth, Brighton

>

>

> Championship - Boro, Reading Shef Wed...

maxxi Wrote:

> Bold RD - feel Chelsea have a Mourinho year coming

> up? I think Spurs will too *ducks*.

Yep, still 4 weeks left of the transfer window so could all change. Felt Chelsea not playing in Europe was a big advantage last season, they hardly picked up any injuries. They haven't strengthened their squad, arguably weaker as new signings to replace Costa and Matic not proven in PL. Surprised they sold Matic to us, think he will be a great signing. I would've put Arsenal 4th were it not for the Europa League.

Spurs have the best first eleven, but also have a light squad, plus the Wembley factor, read somewhere that the pitch is 6m longer and 5m wider than WHL, will make a big difference to their pressing game.

Pundits talking about Everton challenging for top 6, but I reckon WHU have a better chance. Have bought very well, post-Boleyn hangover should've cleared too...

maxxi Wrote:

> red devil Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Prediction time again, gets harder each year.

> >

> > Man City

> > Man Utd

> > Spurs

> > Chelsea

> >

> > Relegated - Brighton, Huddersfield, Watford

>

>

> Bold RD - feel Chelsea have a Mourinho year coming

> up? I think Spurs will too *ducks*.

>

> ManU

> Man C

> Chelsea

> Liverpool

>

> Relegated- Swansea, Bournemouth, Brighton

>

> >

> >

> > Championship - Boro, Reading Shef Wed...

Leave us out of that relegation zone :).

Actually Paul Clement is a good manager even if we sell Gylfi - We were hamstrung by Brad Bobley last year.

red devil Wrote:

>

> Spurs have the best first eleven, but also have a

> light squad, plus the Wembley factor, read

> somewhere that the pitch is 6m longer and 5m wider

> than WHL, will make a big difference to their

> pressing game.

Even if that's the case re. the pitch, I presume there is no reason they can't reduce it's size to that of WHL.

Plenty of stadia cater for more than one sport. The Aviva in Dublin for one where both football and rugby are played, sometimes within a couple of days of each other. Hull I think, football and rugby league.

I don't think it's that difficult and if it suits Spurs I'm sure they will do it. Unless there is something in their agreement with Wembley to stop them.

They never shrunk the pitch for Spurs' CL games last season, so perhaps they're not allowed to. Arsenal had a similar problem, don't recall them shrinking the pitch to suit Highbury. They can easily train on Wembley sized pitches, so that will help...