> > I'm seem to remember RD saying what the odds

> were

> > of that happening some months ago. They were

> quite

> > attractive if I remember correctly.

> >

> > PS What happened in 1966?

>

> We won the double - West Ham won sweet FA.

Come on 3 players, both goalscorers and the Captain....in case you hadn't heard

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> They are still unbeaten domestically aren't they?

> I'm seem to remember RD saying what the odds were

> of that happening some months ago. They were quite

> attractive if I remember correctly.

>

Looked it up. On Feb.20 it was 7/2 to be unbeaten in the league and win the cup.

Scotland could have picked the Lisbon Likns team and won the World Cup but of course they didn't - they picked only 4 Celtic players and still managed to beat England the world champions at Wembkey. Not that I'm Scottish so don't really give a toss.

Funny how it was 'anyone but Chelsea' on Saturday. Makes a change from 'anyone but Man U'

Anyway, ignore that, my point of posting was to congratulate Uddersfield on promotion - first team I saw in a league match the season they were last in the top division (1972).

Really didn't want Reading to go up, with their out of town stadium Just checked that McAlpine is less than a mile away from Huddersfield station, and there will be pubs too. It's poo at the Madejski. More importantly I am sure that Hudersfield will be more fun.

I didn't bother watching the FA Cup final as: - 1. I dislike both clubs in equal measure. 2. I was pissed and couldn't be arsed to watch it as I was having too much fun.

Totally agree with you on Huddersfield Town's promotion.

Jah Lush Wrote:

> Scottish Premiership football = one big club v

> eleven pub teams = no competition.

Nevertheless, a poorly managed team will struggle to put daylight between them and the opposition, as with the last two years. The margin shows how well the team has been managed this season.

And Celtic are a club with meagre resources compared to any EPL club. Having said that, if we qualify I'd be happy to see Celtic up against Liverpool or Spurs in the Champions League next season.

malumbu Wrote:

> Really didn't want Reading to go up, with their

> out of town stadium Just checked that McAlpine

> is less than a mile away from Huddersfield

> station, and there will be pubs too. It's poo at

> the Madejski. More importantly I am sure that

> Hudersfield will be more fun.

pretty sure the Huddersfield trip was popular in the

Championship

Jah Lush Wrote:

> I didn't bother watching the FA Cup final as: -

> 1. I dislike both clubs in equal measure. 2. I was

> pissed and couldn't be arsed to watch it as I was

> having too much fun.

>

> Totally agree with you on Huddersfield Town's

> promotion.

Yeah must be galling to have the best two seasons you've had for decades and still win nothing. It's happened again, Tottenham hotspur, it's happened again.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Cup Final - watched it with my son (his first - mine was Leeds Chelsea, anyone else with their first?). I was pleased Arsenal won, my son was a bit too pleased for comfort but still wore his Hammers shirt the next day

My Dad was a big Baggies fan so I must've sat down with him and watched the '68 Cup Final when they beat Everton, but have no recollection. I can remember the David Webb goal in the Leeds v Chelsea replay, and also Charlie George's winner against Liverpool the following year, but I think the first Cup Final I sat down and watched properly was Leeds v Arsenal in '72 when Sniffer Clarke got the winner...

red devil Wrote:

> titch juicy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > My first was '81. It's why I support Tottenham.

>

> Glory hunter!..:)

Ha!

So, full early football memories:

First match I remember seeing on TV was the 81 Cup Final. It's why I'm a Tottenham fan today.

The following season (81/82) my dad took me to the Lane for the first and second times. Notts County and Sunderland.

I think it was that season that my friend's dad took us to an England U21 match at Brisbane Road. I think against Poland. And I remember the England keeper making a penalty save.

Same season, I also remember being in the car coming home from somewhere with my Dad, listening to the second leg of the Cup Winners Cup semi-final against Barcelona on the radio. We lost.

Same season again, I remember being disappointed that I couldn't watch the League Cup Final against Liverpool on TV as it was a friend's birthday party. My Mum picked me up afterwards and said, "I've got bad news... Tottenham 1.....(i thought she meant 'won' and cheered)...Liverpool 3. sad.gif Sad times.

Same season again, I remember Hoddle scoring in the FA Cup Final and then Terry Fenwick equalising late, before beating them in the Thursday night replay.

That was a good season. Fourth in the league, above Arsenal on goal difference, an FA Cup Win, League Cup Final and Cup Winners Cup Semi.

Actually, 1982 was also the first World Cup I can recall watching. I remember sitting on the sofa with the decorators and my Dad watching the Italy 3 Brazil 2 Paolo Rossi hat-trick game.

The UEFA Champions League final between Real Madrid and Juventus will be made available for anyone to live stream for free on BTSport.com and the BT Sport app or watch on TV with BT Sport Showcase (Freeview channel 115).

Looking forward to this, should be a really fascinating game of two contrasting styles. Everyone knows how well Juve are organised defensively, but they look good going forward too. Dybala is a clever striker and I fancy him to nick the winner..

Mick Mac Wrote:

from 2014

> Lennon finds another gem.

> Van Dijk?s ?1.6m acquisition looks to be another

> shrewd piece of business from Neil Lennon, who is

> in line to make another windfall of Victor Wanyama

> proportions if his Dutch defender?s development

> continues on such a sharp incline.

>

Liverpool look like they are considering ?60m for Van Dijk. Steven Gerrard now says that should have bought him straight from Celtic. But of course many think Celtic players need a practice run out with Southampton first before being considered for the bigger teams.

Van Dijk, Wanyama and Forster were all a steal for Southampton. And the truth is if they can hold their own in the Champions League with Celtic its pretty obvious they can probably manage in the overrated EPL. All three have shown that to be the case.