Plough Chemist staff MISERABLE!!!!

missse22

Oh my god, I've been going in there for years and always noticed the Chinese old man who owns / works in the chemist is so miserable!!! But today he just took it to another level!!! My 3 year old son was looking around the shop while we waited for his prescription and the man just glared at him like he was ready to tell him off, so to save him the trouble I kept telling my son to make sure he was looking with his eyes and not his hands, and got him to practice his counting and look for what letters he could see on the products in effort to distract him from touching anything. By now the man is staring at my son and me with the most miserable face ever! So To try and ease the bad atmosphere i said to him , smiling as I said it, "I've been coming here for years , ill get a smile out of you one day" NOTHING!! He just stared at me and totally ignored me!! The poor indian boy who works there looked too scared of him to even comment, luckily the lady out the back who gets the medication was sniggering and nodding at me!!

Has anyone else noticed him, it's a wonder he has any customers , being that miserable has got to be hard work , and possibly contagious as I started to feel depressed from spending 10 minutes in there lol

Ahh haa unlurked I don't tend to go to shops to hang out and smile at people, but in chemists you tend to be waiting for prescription or if your really lucky and have two kids ill at the same time, a longer wait for 2 prescriptions , this guy does speak English I've heard him shouting at his staff enough!! As for smiley people, wowza this was me today after waking all night with poorly kids and having probably 3 hours sleep, god help the misery guts if I went in there in a good mood!!!

Lightweight very good point , your right there is rarely a long wait in there lol :)

I know someone who worked for him years ago, they left fairly quickly due to his behaviour towards his staff.

I notice each time I go there how the wall paper is falling down. The place is a mess with boxes of receipts/papers etc. The whole place needs redecorating and modernising.

Maybe that's why he's so miserable, as a way to draw people's attention away from how run down the shop is! Lol As I hadn't even noticed that really :)

Yes giggirl that's the one, perhaps I'd happily clean his windows if I thought it might cheer the miserable git up!!!!

Phew at least I know it's nothing personal, perhaps someone needs to remind him he has a job, a roof over his head etc and there are lot of people suffering in this world who would love to be in his position!!

Lorraine the boys are great, Prince is 3 now and Alex is 1!! Miss coaching but so busy being super mum!! Have a half marathon on the 8th sept too!! Xx

I boycott unless desperate after seeing numerous things that really got my back up while waiting 30 minutes plus for prescriptions over the years. The way the staff are treated, disrepair, telephone manner, watching people like a hawk, price changes on the tills, ranting, shouting, swearing. Just completely unprofessional in my opinion.

I stick with Vale pharmacy, even if it means walking from Peckham Rye to Goose Green then back to the other side of Dulwich, nice lot in there and keep a quantity of my prescription ready unlike other pharmacies in the area who have to order it every time!

Amen to that GinaG3 !! :)

I know now I will not be going there again enoughs enough, even though its on the way from my docs to home, I'd sooner walk to lloyds on north cross rd or anywhere for that matter! You are so right about the shouting and swearing and bullying his staff in general, nasty man :(

With so many of his customers being so painfully cheery, smiley and looking for more than a relationship of just a retail transaction type I can understand why he's so fed up. Plus uncontrolled kids pulling stuff of the shelves, back stabbing staff, and under performing cleaning staff I sympathise with the boss. With so many chemists around, not to mention the one that was destined for CP Rd that was blocked by ED folk, why don't the whingers vote with their feet and leave the poor chap alone?

missse22 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hang on I think I've Sussex it out, unlurked are

> you the Chinese man in the shop ..... You

> certainly seem equally miserable! Lol (smiling as

> I type)

Lol, no I'm not. I certainly will go in there now for all my chemisty needs. Maybe I'll explore the option of a business partneship with him. Then the 'I need a more meaningful relationship with my retailer' brigade will

rue the day!

I could start many threads with the title "staff in the xxx are miserable" and just fill in the blanks eg EDT.