Hacking into Private Messages?

MadWorld74

Someone PM'd me this morning.....and said my private messages has been hacked into...they informed me that the person I last PM'd had been 'banned' from the forum and that I wouldn't get any reply email from them?

I've forwarded the email to the Administrator.::o

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unless, unless... dear people that the person who PM'd me this morning is the same person who I thought I was PM-ing a few days ago. The forum member who told me my PM's had been hacked into, has not been around on the forum for quite a long time. They 'vanished'. I'm hoping it's one of the same people just playing a prank on me. Why, I don't know.

• Administrator

If anyone feels that their PMs have been hacked then please let me know and I can reset passwords. I cannot access passwords myself as they are encrypted (MD5 to the techies) and I can state that I do not hack into messages.

I am moving this to the About the Forum section.

• Administrator

When you sign up your email address is not shown to other users, you have the option of changing that in the control centre.

I do not and will not disclose peoples email addresses to others unless I am legally obliged to do so. I value your privacy and your confidence in me and the the forum.

I can sometimes tell when people come on with multiple identities.

I cannot tell what colour hair people have by they way they type messages.

But I can tell if people have an older brother or sister by their chosen username. Not really.

Seriously this forum has been built up on trust and the fact that East Dulwich is a smallish place. Myself, Mark and the hard working moderators always try and act fairly, it is not in our interest to abuse users. We try and keep the place friendly and welcoming and are totally honest and transparent so that people can enjoy themselves in a relaxed environment.

May you continue to do so for a long time.