why having kids is the best thing ever

shoshntosh

Moos Wrote:

"I dressed up in my smart raincoat thinking myself tr?s tr?s chic when I looked down to find a kneehigh smear of snot cross the hem where the Moosling had GOT ME me on my way in the night before.

Made me laugh:))

Moos: "A woman finding herself accidentally pregnant is in a very, very difficult situation. "

Actually,I do agree with Moos here.I was really thinking of someone having these views b4 any possible pregnancy.

If they do find themselves pregnant and are aware the Father is not going to be around(far too common from wotless Males these days) I would NOT advocate abortion. So many wonderful Human Beings would never have been born if that was the case.

All they can do is to enforce their own Support System of friends and family etc..

I believe a child needs love, support, encouragement in a stable environment. I don't think that necessarily demands a traditional family - which let's face it is becoming rare nowadays.

It's interesting that many adoption and foster agencies are willing to consider single people. Yes, it's a different scenario but it indicates that it is recognised as a feasible possibility.

As fo it being selfish...haven't we already established having children is an inherently selfish act whatever your situation. And since we are not talking about young girls making the decision, but mature women who plan and make a conscious decision - including recognising the sacrifices and hardships it may involve, then should we be so quick to judge?

I don't think we can say that wanting children is inherently selfish.

Our basic instinct and reason for existence is to reproduce. That's not selfish, it's natural. That's not to say that not wanting children is unnatural, just that as humans our level of reasoning and choice has evolved a little more than other animals.

• 2 years later...

Ted Max Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I find it amazing* that DanMaitland has not been

> back to comment since he applied the jump leads to

> this thread yesterday.

>

> * Not really

Sorry, i really thought there were no takers for my miserablist and yetpragmatic worl;d view... I had given up - i am heartened to see how my tree grew... smashing!