What have YOU asked for Christmas?

pebbles

Ooh how very spoilt.

Mr TP usually comes up top trumps with something lovely from him, after some discussion, and bits n bobs for me from our brood e.g. smellies, photo frame, candles etc. His Mum kindly gives me a voucher for whatever is in favour with me that year but that is the extent of it. Mr TP's side of the family is rather large and so we have agreed to only buy for those under 18; with god children that makes 10 other children for us to buy for with 5 of those having b'days in Dec and January. I have a tiny family with just a couple of Aunts and an Uncle who again just buy for the children.

However, if I were to be asked and showered with gifts then definitely some treatments at a spa / health place, endless new clothes and smellies and a pile of vouchers for a shopping spree.

My most difficult challenge is buying for Mr TP - might start another thread on that one!

I always think of things throughout the year (and equally do for other people) and make mental notes which I then forget come Nov/Dec! Frustrating. I need a new dressing gown so might show my husband the one I like and suggest something along those lines. Would love a cashmere one in fact but can't justify that kind of money!

This is going to sound super cheesy (cue: eye rolling, mock vomiting) but I'm having real trouble getting the harrowing stories of the Philippines out of my head, some have brought me to tears. Soooo, I am thinking of forgoing gifts (only get them from parents, brother, hubby & immediate in-laws) and asking then to donate instead either for there or something in the UK.

Being no angel, I may ask my parents for a day/weekend of babysitting so my husband and I can leave the house together without packing a potty, bottles, meals, change of clothes, nappies etc & inevitably forgetting something. Also, to eat a meal out without taking turns to walk round the block with the buggy so our baby falls asleep. Not sure what to ask from hubby....

I constantly take notes or lphone shots of books l want to read.

In december l pass on my wih list.

I'd like loudspeakers for lphone and lpad. Wire less so l can turn up the volume

whereever l go in my house.

Tickets for concert or opera, even cinema would be nice.

Honestly - nothing.

I just don't do/get material things. I have the same handbag I've had for 20 years, I get my makeup and bath stuff with the shopping, the hobbies I have are simple (reading, crafts etc and I have loads on the go already).

What I really want for Christmas is a nice, peaceful, quiet spiritual time with my husband and family (and not a shitload of debt in the New Year, please!).

Makes me sounds properly boring, I know!

I can never think of anything when asked! We always get joint presents from parents and siblings, JL vouchers and homewares bit boring. Don't know what to ask from husband this year, I've already had something sparkly I've wanted for ages so I'm out of ideas! Maybe new sunglasses to replace the ones I left at Thomas Land.

Mellors Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Honestly - nothing.

>

> I just don't do/get material things. I have the

> same handbag I've had for 20 years, I get my

> makeup and bath stuff with the shopping, the

> hobbies I have are simple (reading, crafts etc and

> I have loads on the go already).

>

> What I really want for Christmas is a nice,

> peaceful, quiet spiritual time with my husband and

> family (and not a shitload of debt in the New

> Year, please!).

>

> Makes me sounds properly boring, I know!

No, it makes you sound a much better person than materialistic me. I just LOVE stuff. :-)