People who are members of Jags....

ZoeG

Is it just me or does there seem to be loads of galas now? Especially on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon - there is one today and one in 2 weeks time and I am sure there was one a couple of weeks ago. There has always been them during the week in term time but I am sure the weekends are a pretty new thing and it is quite annoying as the weekends are the only time you can use the pool during the day (and it is closed for lessons from 9-11 on a Sat morning......)

Hi ZoeG,

I am part of the management team here at JAGS. I fully appreciate it may be frustrating when we have Gala's at the Club, however we do try to keep disruption to the pool timetable to as little as possible.

We allow a number of local community swimming clubs to hire the pool throughout the year and the gala's that have been taking place of late are for these existing community clubs. Most competitive swimming clubs hold end of year club championship events for their swimmers and the galas we have had recently are just that. The Club does not have many gala's taking place between February and October as we understand there needs to be a balance. All galas are advertised our website a long way in advance.

We have a number of galas during the week, however these are mainly school events organised by the PE department at James Allen?s Girls? School. These midweek events only occasionally creep into member time and we do try to control this as much as possible.

#womanofdulwich, The club is aware of the issues with changing rooms after children?s lessons, we ask staff to check and clean as much as possible and this will be reiterated to all members of staff.

#HerneHillGuest, if you would like to come for a look round please do not hesitate to cotnact the club on 0208 613 6500, you can simply come for a look around and ask any questions you may have without any pressure to join...

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information or would like to discuss any matter further.

Many thanks

Dean Allard

Sports Development Manager

JAGS Sports Club

Tel: 0208 613 6500

Email: [email protected]

Hi

Thanks for your response. As a teacher myself I totally understand midweek galas as Jags is a school first and foremost. It is the weekend that is a bother as the weekend is the only time we can use the facilities during the day. I have noticed there is another gala on Sunday 15th Dec as well as one next Saturday. I appreciate they are advertised in advanced but that isn't really the issue, the issue is that we can't use the pool at a key time during the day at the weekends. We have to either use it in the morning which is always really busy (and Sat morning it is closed for 2 hours anyway) or the evening, which is not always possible - especially when you have kids. It does just seem to be excessive and I think something that needs to be looked at.

Many Thanks

Morning,

ZoeG, Fully appreciate where you are coming from and going forward we will look into how we schedule Gala's that fall on weekends. We will look in depth at ways we can minimise disruption to members time, maybe introduce a minimum of 4 weeks between gala's...

Herne Hill Guest, Glad the class went well, if you would like to pm me a contact number I will get someone to contact you today, our membership manager is in at midday today...

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information or would to discuss any matter further.

Many thanks,

Dean Allard

Sports Development Manager

JAGS Sports Club

Tel: 0208 613 6500

Email: [email protected]

Thank you, that would be better. I was there this morning for the hour and 15 minutes between swimming lessons and gala and it was like Piccadilly Circus in the pool, everyone trying to get their exercising in at the same time.

Thanks

Archived