40 new homes 2/2A Crystal Palace Road

For the record, I agree that the property needs redeveloping - it's been an eyesore for years and it's the wrong place for a light industrial warehouse. But it's going to be a very public site, visible from Goose Green, the playground, the church, the sports centre, the restaurants on EDR, etc.. And it will be there for a long time. So the council should make sure it's a quality plan.

• 2 weeks later...
Shall I say... This 'eyesore' property gave us lots of luck and happiness for the past 10 years. We love East Dulwich and over the past ten years we have seen East Dulwich gentrify. We felt it was time to move on and expand- which we were unable to do on Crystal Palace Road, so we have moved to pastures new.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Latest Discussions

• Still. If “eating at tables outdoors” is being sold as a Brexit benefit by senior cabinet ministers, it would suggest there aren’t actually any real benefits As the sane among us have been saying for years Blindingly obvious. And just because people don’t want to talk about it any more doesn’t mean the financial and institutional damage it’s doing isn’t severe and ongoing.  An ostrich nation 
    • I used to live in a house with subsidence and found Aviva v helpful when I rang them.  They asked lots of questions but I was able to get a competitive quote. Non sequitur but David Howden (of Howdens!) has a v nice bar in the City called Dave's which serves the produce of his country estate!
    • Here's my updated list of the dates when swifts were first spotted in ED: 2011 – May 9 2012 – May 1 2013 – May 17 2014 – May 8 2015 – May 9 2016 – May 4 2017 – May 6 2018 – May 7 2019 – May 8 2020 – May 6 2021 – May 9 2022 – May 9 2023 – May 4 2024 – May 7 That 2013 date is rather an anomaly. I checked the weather records for that period and we had a very cold early May with northerly winds for several weeks, so the swifts didn't risk flying north from Europe to be faced with a lack of food, namely flies, moths etc.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In