dulwich medical centre - what is going on?

LadyShip

I have just been on the phone for an hour redialling, because its engaged constantly then on the answer phone queue system at dmc.... I know this is not unusual at this practice but i am totally fed up. My 23 month old has a terrible chesty cough that is keeping us all awake and causing him discomfort but for love nor money can i get an appt at dmc. Then when i drive past there is a huge sign outside TAKING NEW PATIENTS! seriously dmc this is a joke... U don't have appts for the patients you have even children. I am furious, just told to go to the Peckham walk in centre constantly...!

arrrhhh so angry.

Please phone this number and complain....it is very quick and if you wish you can remain anonymous. Your complaint gets passed onto a case worker...

From a previous post:

NHS England on 0300 311 22 33. Good to hear other people are thinking of complaining too - it's a situation that really can't go on for any longer.

spider69 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I have been trying on and off since 8.00. Engaged

> always

>

> Crazy.

I have managed to get through at 2.30 8 people waiting and just now 8 people waiting.

Have they got a continous loop message going.

Just informing so you dont waste your time

I was talking to one of their doctors about it, "Surely there is a limit to the number of new patients you can take on"? Incredibly he told me no, there isn't! A classic example of the free-market free-for-all mess this government wants to turn the NHS into. Right, off to call them myself and complain now. If we all do, hopefully something will change.

Can I just echo what Cora said. Please, please, please voice your complaints to NHS England. I phoned them, got through straight away and it only took 5-10minutes. They phone you back to update you on what they have done, what the feedback from DMC is and the more people that complain the more they will escalate the complaints. The EDF is a great place to vent our anger and disbelief at the disgraceful way the surgery is being run but ultimately it will not change anything. By letting NHS England know the extent of the problems, they will open a file and monitor the surgery to ensure they are putting into place all the things they have promised. As it is, there is only 1 person employed at the clinic at the moment to answer all the phone calls and with an average of over 1500 calls per day (i was told this by someone at the surgery) you can understand why people are not getting through on the phone. This has led to people queuing from 7 in the morning in order to be able to secure an appointment or just speak to someone from the surgery. So if you contribute to this or the other thread with your own frustrations or concerns, please follow through with a phone call to NHS England on 0300 311 22 33.

Ladyship, I hope your little one will be alright. It's really terrible that you have the extra hassle of not getting appointment, while trying to mind your little child!

Can someone explain to me how it works? Does DMC get a payment for each patient on their records? Or how does it get paid?

I'm from Ireland and when I moved here, I went to see the doctor for the first time. After the appointment, I went to reception with cash in my bag to pay for the appointment. I was shocked it was free, at the time I was used to paying about 50 each time, I saw my doctor at home. So I'm now trying to figure out how it works here? I thought that the practices were the NHS, it looks like I've misunderstood the system!!

Hi all, please please come to the DMC Patient Forum which is being held on Wednesday 11th December at the DMC at 6.30pm. The DMC is under strain of ever-growing patient numbers and reducing budget (as is the rest of the NHS as we all know). The issues raised in the above thread are not the fault of the DMC themselves but of the wider NHS problems.

The DMC hold these forum nights precisely to get direct patient feedback and to improve the care and service provided to us...not every clinic does this.

The more the merrier and you can then contrubute directly to the improvement of our health service.

Please come along! 11th December, 6.30pm.

gatt4950 Wrote:

> Hi all, please please come to the DMC Patient

> Forum which is being held on Wednesday 11th

> December at the DMC at 6.30pm. The DMC is under

> strain of ever-growing patient numbers and

> reducing budget (as is the rest of the NHS as we

> all know). The issues raised in the above thread

> are not the fault of the DMC themselves but of the

> wider NHS problems.

>

> The DMC hold these forum nights precisely to get

> direct patient feedback and to improve the care

> and service provided to us...not every clinic does

> this.

>

> The more the merrier and you can then contrubute

> directly to the improvement of our health

> service.

>

> Please come along! 11th December, 6.30pm.

Got to be kidding right? ALL of the problems are caused by the wider NHS??? Of course there are wider issues, BUT some are evidently DMC based, so I don't think anyone's going to buy that... DMC shouldn't take on more patients if they can't care for them properly.

hpsaucey - you are misquoting me. Did I say 'ALL the problems are caused by the NHS' i don't think so. Constructive comments would be more helpful rather than aggression. Obviously one of the suggestions which will be made on the evening will be that they do not take on new patients (if this is an actual choice of theirs is another matter).

gatt4950 Wrote:

> hpsaucey - you are misquoting me. Did I say 'ALL

> the problems are caused by the NHS' i don't think

> so. Constructive comments would be more helpful

> rather than aggression. Obviously one of the

> suggestions which will be made on the evening will

> be that they do not take on new patients (if this

> is an actual choice of theirs is another matter).

A constructive comment.Get the phones answered. That is not the fault of the NHS

gatt4950 Wrote:

> hpsaucey - you are misquoting me. Did I say 'ALL

> the problems are caused by the NHS' i don't think

> so. Constructive comments would be more helpful

> rather than aggression. Obviously one of the

> suggestions which will be made on the evening will

> be that they do not take on new patients (if this

> is an actual choice of theirs is another matter).

Am i?? You said all the issues in the above thread.... And i think you are mistaking anger and someone snortung into her coffee at the thought that these aren't in part down to dmc for aggression....be prepared to be chAllenged and perhaps not always 'constructively'!

gatt4950 Wrote:

> This is not the fault of the NHS. The whole of the

> NHS has problems. Fact.

>

> If everyone on here actually bothers to go on th

> 11th rather than tap in their message on to this

> screen that would help everyone more.

So until the meeting the phones will be taken as working to the benefit of all patients. Face reality as it is now. Phones DMC problem yes or no?