the cherry tree

barrym

I moved from Ireland 4 months ago to work in cherry tree as head chef,after working 7 days a week for ten weeks I brought a personal friend over to work as second chef,we parted company a week ago on very bad terms of which I have never ever been subject 2 In 17 years of cooking.i would appreciate if anybody could shed some light on the history of the place??ive heard were not the first to b treated in this way but I still cant get my head round what has went on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't want to get into personally slagging any individual off,what I will tell people is that the owner has since made personal threats towards myself which I find absolutely digusting,me and my friend were loyal members of staff working days off for no pay but to no avail,I personally paid for deliveries out of my own pocket on many occasions as the management never seemed to b around!!and now after leaving they are throwing accusations round which is totally unexceptible,there is much much more I could say but that's just not my style,when I work for an employer I always give 100% as does my friend

barrym, do not take this personally. the landlord in there is notorious for this kind of thing. it' s a total mystery how this pub is still going. i have yet to come across anyone with a good word to say about it.

if you now find yourself without work, have a wander into the 'george canning' on grove lane. the couple running it are terrific and they might be looking for a live-in chef/bar-man as the previous one has just left (under happy circumstances) to go travelling.

Ty very much holloway,wud u have a phone number for it?I've started new job in essex but would rather stay in dulwich,what a lovely place to live,regarding cherry tree there is much much more the people of dulwich should knw but its not for me say!

barrym, sorry no i don 't have a number for them, although just go through directory enquries. would definitely recommend the place though, i' m a regular and it 's a superb place. if you have a day off, unlikely in your profession however, you should pop by.

I'm not sure of the reason for your post, barrym but you say you have had threats made against you-that is a very serious allegation - not wise to do on a publib forum without offering any proof. I recall seeing you drinking and laughing with the management several times so can only assume the relationship has broken down quite recently. I hope the new year brings better for you.

O I have proof ok,tony made the threat to my second chef on sun,and mite I add he was there to collect money owed for deliveries I paid for months ago,needless to say we never received money for days owed,anyway to answer ur question yes I did drink with them many times till they started one by one turning on all the staff,gary twice in one week lost the plot with me shouting about a booking they were meant to confirm,I was head chef,he decided to belittle me while intoxacated infront of costomers..is that fair?and secondly my and my friend was living upstairs,with no form of heating at all,we both ended up sick for about 2weeks,wen we received electric heaters it was costing us 10pound per nite cus we had meters in our rooms so take what u like from that,u try living in them conditions, I will not b accepting being verbaly abused by a drunk man

barrym Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> O I have proof ok,tony made the threat to my

> second chef on sun,and mite I add he was there to

> collect money owed for deliveries I paid for

> months ago,needless to say we never received money

> for days owed,anyway to answer ur question yes I

> did drink with them many times till they started

> one by one turning on all the staff,gary twice in

> one week lost the plot with me shouting about a

> booking they were meant to confirm,I was head

> chef,he decided to belittle me while intoxacated

> infront of costomers..is that fair?and secondly my

> and my friend was living upstairs,with no form of

> heating at all,we both ended up sick for about

> 2weeks,wen we received electric heaters it was

> costing us 10pound per nite cus we had meters in

> our rooms so take what u like from that,u try

> living in them conditions, I will not b accepting

> being verbaly abused by a drunk man

Sounds like you're better off out of there. Letting rooms out above the pub with electric meters must be how they make their money.

Archived