Pathetic old racist fart on Frogley road (Lounged)

Shu.Kurimu.Sensei

Tony - Apart from sprinting and natural rhythm, what are the other "clear differences from people [Jewish, AC, Chinese, White-British, Asiatic presumably] living in the same areas and exposed to the same lifestyle" you've observed? I'll see if my teacher friend can add that to his consideration

:))mockney piers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Those whitey types, clearly genetically

> predisposed to be great swimmers. It's the scales

> or something, go on deny it you bl00dy PC brigade

> fascists, I dare you!!!

.....Leave Off! Zimbabwe have now got a Silver Medal...who said Africans can't swim??(apart from Eddie The EelB))

STOP PRESS:ITSSSSSSSSSSS Kelly Coveney::o

Sorry:Its Kirsty Coventry...I do have trouble with African names...

taper Wrote:

> Tony - Apart from sprinting and natural rhythm,

> what are the other "clear differences from people

> living in the same areas and exposed to the same

> lifestyle" you've observed? I'll see if my

> teacher friend can add that to his consideration

..Attempt Number 2 taper...it did not work the first time either....OBVIOUSLY:)) There are no other differences,none at all in ANY capacity or respect....bleedin' obvious if you ask meB)

We're all pretty much the same,you get me?

taper Wrote:

> You've gone emoticon mental Tony ~(O_O)~. My

> teacher friend says he's having problems rounding

> up enough Jewish children with plimsoles and

> wonders whether he might use Irish diaspora

> instead?

.......Well he can include a young Harold Abrahams so there's only another 999 fast Jewish Guys to think of:))

Actually,its quite apt as he will need "999" to envisage many more.Anyway "one" is "enough already"(tu)

Irish??..Don't include The Boston Irish as they do a great impression of a Boston Crab by running sideways,especially after a bevy or two.Naturally I'm not one to stereotype the Irish liking a drink as to disproove that stereotype I met an Irishman once who did NOT drink..it was in 1976,as I recall:)>:D<

Good Health:)-D

taper Wrote: My?Has he come to any Genetic conclusions yet? teacher friend says he's having problems ".....

Morning taper! How is your Teacher friend doing? Has he come to any conclusions yet? Can he ask a Maths Colleague to answer(to the nearest Trillion/Billion/Zillion/Million-to-One odds) of this occurring?

Ben Johnson, Carl Lewis, Linford Christie, Maurice Green, Micheal Johnson, Asafa Powell, Usain Bolt, Frank Fredericks,Tim Montgomerry, Jason Gardener, Bruny Surins, Donovan Bailey, Ato Boldon, Justin Gatlin, Shawn Crawford, Coby Miller, Marlon Devonish, Darren Campbell, Mark Lewis-Francis,Dwanye Chambers........

..These are,arguably,the greatest sprinters we have seen over the last 20+ years and they all are Black(a Black Guys list,actually)..They come from Canada(very small % of population).The UK(Ditto) The USA (larger % but still very much a Minority) and The sparsely populated Caribbean Islands(by Western Standards)....

Thanks,though still waiting for your Teacher friends first answer!:'(

p.s Can we PLEASE not move the goalposts and/or whole pitch to widen the convo. to "Why is it important"etc...it is only "important" as so many seem to have great difficulty accepting the blatantly obvious(to Moi) fact that there ARE "Genetic differences"..in some Racial Groups....

Over To You(tu)

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

> and The sparsely populated Caribbean Islands(by

> Western Standards)....

Western? Every time I've flown to the West Indies, the 'plane has flown...west.

(Actually, many Caribbean islands - Jamaica, Trinidad, Haiti, Barbados, for example - have a higher population density than Germany, France, Italy, Spain and in some cases, the UK.)

BJL Wrote:

> Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:> > and The sparsely populated Caribbean Islands(by

> > Western Standards)....

>

> Western? Every time I've flown to the West

> Indies, the 'plane has flown...west.>

> (Actually, many Caribbean islands - Jamaica,

> Trinidad, Haiti, Barbados, for example - have a

> higher population density than Germany, France,

> Italy, Spain and in some cases, the UK.)

.........Interesting that the only comments(as expected have nothing to do with the main point i.e.possible genetic differences and acceptance that there ARE "differences"B)...than have,as you rightly say,a higher density..maybe The Isle Of Wight does too...but their population numbers are small and yet Top-Class Sprinter after Top-Class Sprinter...

Tony - maybe some clues here?

Why are Caribbean sprinters so good?

If the father of Usain Bolt, who smashed the 100m world record in winning gold on Sunday, is to believed, it's because of the local food speciailites. "It is definitely the Trelawny yam," Wellesley Bolt said by way of explanation after his son's success. Backing him up, the women's 100m winner Shelly-Ann Fraser said of the Jamaican clean sweep: "A lot of yam, banana and dumplings produce top three!"

Six of the eight starters in the men's 100m final, and the first two across the line, were from the Caribbean; all three medallists in the women's event were from Jamaica. The region's proximity to the US helps - the best athletes are spotted and offered scholarships to top colleges there, where there is excellent coaching. But it is also becoming more common for some to stay in the Caribbean, with the sport massively popular and standards of coaching and facilities growing rapidly. Some say that the Caribbean's traditionally strict upbringing instils a sense of the required discipline - Jamaican Asafa Powell, former world-record holder, is the son of two pastors, and says that his focus is down to his childhood: "I couldn't miss one day in church and my mom and dad still call to see if I'm going to church." Running is big in the Caribbean; the weather is good; and sprint champions are revered. But the main reason for Jamaicans' success, according to Fitz Coleman, a technical coach on Bolt's team, is the attitude. "We genuinely believe that we'll conquer," he says. "It's a mindset. We're small and we're poor, but we believe in ourselves."

SB

from this article:

Olympic questions

taper Wrote:

> My teacher friend reckons you've got an unhealthy

> obsession with race and skin colour Tony. He

> reckons God's own mongrel race - the Brits - were

> made to cycle though.

.....With respect,exactly the "type" of answer I expected..i.e No comment or answer to the actual question(the "inconvenient" nae "uncomfortable" truth i.e that there actually ARE differences:))) but a deflection,which you will observe I anticipated in my concluding paragraph...since this thread I took the trouble to go onto The "Blacknet" Site which is the Premier Site for The Black Community and there is a thread aboyut "Black Swimmers" and I note that their brilliant,most (widely considered)intellectual contributor has commented on this Subject...I'll try and dig out HIS comment...:)

I'll leave MY last word to the most respected contributor to the most prominent Black Forum in The UK as they have a thread about "Black Swimmers"...

16-08-04, 10:55 PM

"@BlackArab. Don't actually disagree in basic differences in physiology between Africans and non Africans which are a matter of TESTED AND RETESTED FACT in many cases.

We are stronger, more durable and lots of others things which is BEYOND DISPUTE.Equally our muscularity IS different. Only need to spend a couple of years in a gym on a regular basis with a steady group of guys of different races and you WILL SEE. Don't even have to speak to serious body builders who have said this for decades and been writing about it even longer.

What I dispute is that the difference cited translates to black peope not having a comparative culture or levels of performance/competence to whites in swimining. Two completely different matters. In fact it could be argued using physics that the superior average musculature of the African helps to generate potentially superior power to propel through water...."

...............MY CAPITALS,naturally.......I think that is the natural conclusion to this,don't you Mon Ami?

p.s Other than your acknowledgement and reply:)-D

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> Tony - maybe some clues here?>

> Why are Caribbean sprinters so good?

> If the father of Usain Bolt... but we

> believe in ourselves."

> SB

...........Thanks Sean.Since you wrote that I have posted the comments directly from the Premier contributor of the main UK Black Forum,as you will see...

Incidently I have learnt something from this discussion.Black Swimmers can swim like fish in The Caribbean,so presumably,in the right place with the right facilities in the right circumstances they could be great Olympians in that respect which I would have,wrongly,not thought the case.

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> your posts become harder and harder to read Tony -

> space out the different sources at least. Please.

> Pretty Please!

.....I'll try...:))>

> And finding narrow minded bigots on ANY forum and

> citing them as "proof" of anything is no way to

> win an argument either

...............This Guy is,easily,the most quoted and respected on that Forum...virtually every contributor on that Site will also tell you that there ARE "differences" albeit ONLY when it is positive to them and in their favour..i.e Better Runners/Athletes(in general),Dancers etc....most on that Forum just "take for granted" that everyone realises that.

Obviously some EDF Posters either don't or more likely "won't" want to believe this as it might lead to deeper and darker "repercussions"....

Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:

> BJL Wrote:

> > Tony.London Suburbs Wrote:> > and The sparsely

> populated Caribbean Islands(by

> > > Western Standards)....

> >

> > Western? Every time I've flown to the West

> > Indies, the 'plane has flown...west.>

> > (Actually, many Caribbean islands - Jamaica,

> > Trinidad, Haiti, Barbados, for example - have a

> > higher population density than Germany, France,

> > Italy, Spain and in some cases, the UK.)

> .........Interesting that the only comments(as

> expected have nothing to do with the main point

> i.e.possible genetic differences and acceptance

> that there ARE "differences"

"Interesting"? Not really.

I've no interest in (or knowledge of) sports, theories about genetics or the skills of various "races" at running, jumping, swimming, drinking or dancing. I just thought I'd correct some basic errors in your post.

Carry on...

SeanMacGabhann Wrote:

> I'm less interested in that fact Tony than I am by

> your ongoing obsession with the whole thing

Can't let that go Sean

Firstly I DELIBERATELY left this thread alone recently until I realised,after many days,that taper had not replied as he said he would "ask his teacher friend" and I had not heard his friends conclusions.

Secondly I also left it because I "knew" that has no answers to explain this phenomenon would be given then some contributors(needing to say something by way of a reply) would turn the spotlight on me and "why am I soooo concerned etc"(which has prooved to be correct-FIRST 2taper2 and now yourgoodself) and finally I DELIBERATELY(to no avail LOL) said "I'll leave MY final word etc"...so as NOT to continue this....didn't succeed on that did I:))

....Let me be frank,in conclusion,people are NOT prepared to say (like I was over the Swimming) that they are wrong,even if you prooved to them conclusively using the most influential and respected Scientific Data.They,simply,do NOT want to believe it as that makes them feel a level of discomfiture that they do not want!..and it is pointless asking them direct questions like,for example,my question directly to you,about explaining the success of Black Sprinters away from The Caribbean in England/The USA(Where Whites have the SAME facilities and opportunities) and Canada because,frankly,they HAVE NO ANSWER...and "they" feel uncomfortable about that too!:))

Of course there are differences between people of different races. Why all the fuss though?

Just a point of note though. The use of the term black inferring that people from the Caribbean are genetically similar to all Africans is incorrect. To relate it simplistically the populations of the Caribbean came mostly from West Africa and fall generally into the greater Bantu group. These people originated between 5000 ? 6000 years ago in Western Africa and moved South and South East taking farming and metalwork with them. The most Southerly nation being the Xhosa of South Africa. While they are one of the largest genetic subgroups on the continent they are by no means the only. They are also by no means homogenous with the diversity of culture, language and even physical characteristics amongst the different nations being as diverse, or more so than it is in Europe.

While I?m on this, the term race is widely misused and personally I think people should either come to a consensus of its context or do away with it all together.

Yes, I think the term "race" is pretty broad and arbitrary... usually referring to groups of people with common heritage, which could be national, regional, tribal, etc. But sometimes also seems to be used in the context of nationality (instead of the country your ancestors were indigenous to).