Car break in Heber road

MichelleE

Last week my boyfriend had gone out at 7pm in our car when he came back at 10.45 his van was blocking our entrance you turn into our flats . The van was in the car park outside our flats just on botton off Sydenham hill. Someone had got in van ( yet again no signs of Falsed entry , turned van around and left it blocking entrance with head lights on . Not quite sure what theirs plans where .

I can completely understand why you might leave a buggy hidden in the boot. They are perhaps not the most obvious thing to steal and in this rubbish weather you have to bring buggy in to clean house with mud and leaves all over the wheels. I don't have a car btw so my small flat is covered in leaves.

Yup. Getting small, tired kids and babies out of a car in the dark and in crap weather makes a journey back to the car to unpack a buggy/pram a right pain and sometimes impractical, we often leave ours there it's not like leaving a bag or a mobile, I completley emphasise so the smuggy 'common sense posters' should do a bit of thinking themselves.....

MichelleE and MM22 same thing happened to us last night on Jennings. Did your home insurance cover you, ours are being tricky as apparently, small print says there must be sign of forced entry. Would be interested to know to build my 'case'.

Thank you

Annabel

Have you all been watching Loot/Gumtree/Ebay/Local Facebook/EDF to see if any of these prams are for sale?

If you wouldn't leave a wallet filled with ?800 in cash in your car overnight, why would you leave a bugaboo in the boot? I am not unsympathetic because obviously the thieves are the bastards and it should of course be possible to leave everything lying around without risk of it being stolen, but it is a legitimate question in a relatively high crime area I would have thought.

I was on here looking for something else and stumbled upon this thread. We had our bugaboo stolen from our car sometime between new year eve and the morning of the 2nd jan from Silvester Road. Seems to be a high demand, only other thing taken was the satnav. The car was definitely locked at night. I have searched ebay etc but no sign, did anyone else have any luck?

Oh my god I am so glad I was on the only one... i thought it was personal! I had my Bugaboo stolen from the boot of the car with the footmuff and rain cover. LIVID! We called the police and have a crime no and we live on Pellatt road. The car was locked and it was parked right outside our house. it happened on the 30th Dec. Do we know if there is any CCTV cameras on the roads? such scum bags

Just a general heads up - our car was broken into in the parking lot (Choumert Grove/ Peckham) yesterday around 5.00ish. Nothing was stolen except a school bag (!), and unfortunatley car door jammed open with a screw driver or something so the door has to be repaired. We did report to the police as apparently there are cameras around the car park .......

• 2 months later...

We have had our car broken into twice on Jennings Road, first time they took the Sat Nav, the second time over Christmas the iCandy was taken.

This morning I happened to look out of the window around 6.45 and I actually saw the man trying to open the boot of our car. Shouted out of the windows at him and he walked across the road to his push bike which was perched against a wall and pedalled off. I am sure it is the same man as our CCTV showed someone on a push bike a month ago circling outside our house.

The man is around 5 foot 6, eastern eurpean, short brown hair, blue jeans with a beige jacket. Police have been notified.

With a definitive description hopefully this scum can finally be picked up by the police but I doubt it.

Still cannot believe the cheek of this man seeing as it was broad daylight!!

eastern eurpean

I'm afraid I don't know what Eastern Europeans look like - how are they different from Western Europeans? Southern Europeans (from e.g. Southern Italy, Greece, Southern Spain, do occasionally have a more tanned look (probably from being more tanned). Or are you trying to say 'Roma' without saying it (and I'm not sure, out of a hooped caravan, I'd be able to spot a Roma in a crowd anyway). People from the far North of Europe (Northern Norway, Finland, Northern Russia, are of course more easily spotable, as they are ethnically different from other Europeans (the Sami).