Roofer urgently needed

twinsmom

Following the recent storm and rain I lost slates off the roof. I was lucky to find McCann Roofing who turned up earlier ,to fit me in , than the agreed date, early morning and fixed the damage. Worry passed

Friendly and efficient.

Would reccomend. Number 07986447893

We were supposed to have our roof seen today by McCann Roofing but he's cancelled on us saying that he had too many jobs on in Dulwich and that we are too far out. Granted, we live in W.Norwood and one street away from West Dulwich Village.

I'm having a similar problem finding roofers, many of whom have been recommended on here, who are prepared to commit to turning up at a previously agreed upon time or who once they issue you a quote, become evasive or drop off the radar entirely once you try and press them for a start date. You'd be forgiven for thinking that they are forgoing work in what they perceive as less lucrative areas for jobs in ones that are, the above posts seem to confirm this. (i am in west norwood too).

anyone from the roofing industry care to comment?

I did not find Russell Perring to be unreliable or evasive.

Quite the opposite.

However given the recent stormy weather combined with Christmas and New Year holidays, I should imagine every roofer in the country is inundated with people all wanting their roofs repaired yesterday, so let's cut them a bit of slack, eh?

I think it's highly unlikely they're concentrating on "more lucrative areas", as they will have a standard rate, surely.

^^ actually we might give yer man Russell a second whirl. we had some mis-communication to begin with and i foolishly held off on getting him in as i wanted to get some other quotes, this then led to the scenario detailed previously.

Russell - if you're reading this - please answer my email. cheers.

I contacted Russell Perring on New Years Eve after seeing Sue's recommendation. We lost lead in the storms and he came out to have a look on Saturday and returned yesterday to replace it. He was friendly, efficient and came when he said he would. He was also very reasonably priced. I would like to add to his previous recommendation.

• 6 years later...
I wouldn't bother with Russell, on ED forum recommendations we got him over to take a look at a roof leak. It was really difficult to get an appointment and time. When he did show, he knew his stuff and was very chatty and reasonable, he promised a quick quote and to fit us in before xmas. 3 weeks later and despite multiple emails, texts and calls - we've had 0 communication from him. Don't waste your time, he clearly doesn't care about yours.

Archived