Recommendation wanted: Paris hotel or self catering apartment

Travelimo

Hi,

Am trying to organise a week-long break in Paris at the end of September.

Any recommendations for a hotel or self-catering apartment? I've searched on tripadvisor.com and various other websites, but there are just so many options I've no idea where to start!

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry, just realised I posted this in the wrong section! Don't know how to move it, sorry!

can't recommend anything from personal experience but as am just booking a weekend in October in Paris, I will say book it as fast as you can! as we've found many hotels are already booked up through November. Wow. And good luck.

I've always found the recommendations on this website reliable, and despite the name, the hotels are not all v. cheap - some good mid-range ones too.

I know its obvious, but you also need to decide where you want to stay, depending on what you want to do and the type of neighbourhood you like, particularly if you are going to be there for a week. Le Marais or Bastille would be my first choices.

Hi Travelimo,

Hotel Champs de Mars

7, rue du Champs de Mars

33 45 51 5230

hotel-du-champ-de-mars.com

(close to Rue Cler, nice small hotel, not very expensive, better without kids, in a great area with market street, closet metro is Ecole Militaire)

Hotel Marignan Champs-Elysees

12, rue Marignan

hotelmarignan.fr

33 40 76 3456

(off the Champs-Elysees in the Golden Triangle, nice hotel bigger and better for families, more expensive, staff are very helpful with children, Alain Ducasse restaurant next door)

My husband and I used to always stay at the first hotel before having children. Since having children the latter hotel has been our regular. Have a look on trip advisor and see what you think. Bon voyage!

I just got back from a weekend in Paris and we always stay ( www.loftparis.fr ) and I highly recommend it. It is just around the corner from Moulin Rouge, right next to a metro station and lots of great patisseries. Ask for Francois. Tell him Michelle told you about it.

.....there may be a secret hand shake too >:D<