Car hire wanted - weekends

Minitoots

We're trying to buy a car, but need to hire a car to get around to see the ones for sale! Does anyone know of a local car hire firm easily accessible by public transport?

We're looking at 'Easycar - the car club' which looks good but wondered if there are other similar companies as they don't have many in our area at the mo.

thanks for the suggestions -

Is Zipcar more of a long term thing, though? It looks like you have to sign up for a years membership and we only need if for the next few weekends til we buy something....What's the cost approx? I can't seem to see it on their website without registering...

(We don't want car sharing - I think that's what street car is???)

Right, zipcar probably isn't for you as they go by yearly membership. I joined through my union and that gives a great discount to the yearly fee. (I'm a member in the US and I only pay $25 a year. I don't know what it costs here.) The cars are approx ?7 an hour, gas and insurance included. Given the short term of your needs, I'd just rent a car from one of the big companies. Sixt has worked for us when we need something longer than an hourly zipcar. Good luck finding something!

There is an enterprise rent a car on Old Kent Road, however I usually rent from the train stations instead as I find them easier to get to and they are open at least some of the weekend.

Enterprise or Europcar at Waterloo or Europcar at Victoria are my defaults and are open on Sat mornings. Train station offices always have key drop off boxes, so you can return the car late on Sunday night to avoid any Monday morning congestion charge.

Just thoughts anyway.

Archived