Basil Fawlty's car outside Tesco

hannahmc

I saw it at about 7.30am, this morning. Every Window is smashed Even the little side windows. Only the Windscreen wasn't shattered. No Skid Marks or nothing. Bizarre! It was right in front of the Murco Petrol Station. Whatever happened its got to be on the their Forecourt CCTV

I saw this too, reason why I came here as I thought surely someone would know what the heck happened. First I thought it was a car crash but the car has no marks of a crash except for all windows being smashed and I swear there was a bullet hole through the windscreen but I didn't get close enough to check (was getting some petrol).

Had it been a crime scene I would imagine there would be police guarding the scene?? I can only think of perhaps some sort of film being shot in the area. Hopefully someone will know what happened and hopefully not gun crime.

was it a jag-type car? There was a hell of a near-road rage incident in Bellenden Road yesterday late afternoon, with car abandoned in road and creating jam as two men in two jags who had stupidly refused to give way to each other shouted and screamed and looked like they might be 'phoning a friend'.

Sorry to spoil a good story but.....

It was me who called the Police.

It looked like some guy was trying to start it when it was parked by the gas canisters in the petrol garage. The alarm kept going off and he was getting more and more frustrated about not being able to get it started and the fact that the alarm kept stopping and started. Next thing i knew he was doing a full on John Cleese, got a hammer and started smashing all the windows. Anyway the police turned up but no one was to be seen.

I did like the crack shooting rumor though!

My friends, cousins, mother in laws nephew knows someone who works for the council & they say its the parking enforcements new policy on dealing with untaxed vehicles and parking with 2 or more wheels on the pavement.

Something to do with the fixed penalty notice being to lenient for offences of this type.

Huggers Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> was it a jag-type car? There was a hell of a

> near-road rage incident in Bellenden Road

> yesterday late afternoon, with car abandoned in

> road and creating jam as two men in two jags who

> had stupidly refused to give way to each other

> shouted and screamed and looked like they might be

> 'phoning a friend'.

Just seen this thread, I know it's deviating slightly from original subject, but was this, Huggers, what all the sirens were about at approx. 5.00pm on Saturday, around the time the brief storm came in. Heard loads of them flying about and Police still up and down L.L. half an hour or so later when at the co-op store.

adonirum I didn't hear the sirens. I watched it unfold, the rain fell heavily, one man refused to move his car at all, so it blocked all traffic both ways down Bellenden Road, while the other man had pulled aside so they could shout some more. The whole thing had arisen cos there was only room for one and they both decided to go for it and got stuck and were scratching each others mirrors. Two jaguars, two stag-uars, at bay. At this point I made a dash out of the rain and headed for home, but had a feeling it would not all end there!

Mind you - I used to feel like beating my old car. Think I ended up kicking it's exhaust pipe once.

Cleese used a branch I think :)

JedMk2 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry to spoil a good story but.....

>

> It was me who called the Police.

>

> It looked like some guy was trying to start it

> when it was parked by the gas canisters in the

> petrol garage. The alarm kept going off and he was

> getting more and more frustrated about not being

> able to get it started and the fact that the alarm

> kept stopping and started. Next thing i knew he

> was doing a full on John Cleese, got a hammer and

> started smashing all the windows. Anyway the

> police turned up but no one was to be seen.

>

> I did like the crack shooting rumor though!

I wish everyone would stop making fun about this car. They used to be everywhere and give us a real sense of community spirit.

Instead of trying to clean up & gentrify the area further by getting it removed, could we not get it turned into a community led finger painting skills development venue?