Pubs

Alexander86

footie matches limits available options

The only ones in immediate area are:

The Castle (Crystal Palace Rd) - old-school rough around the edges boozer which I quite like and used to watch a lot of games there

The Gowlett (Gowlett Rd) show some games on smallish screen above the door. Cracking pub but not really football oriented

Actress (corner Crystal Palace and NOrthcross roads) - biggest screen by far and a good atmosphere most games

EDT - used to show games but not so much anymore

Cheery Tree - opposite station. the place to go for Saturday afternoon foreign channel matches. But with terrible reputation for treating managers and customers. I came really close to giving them benefit of the doubt only for them to STILL mess things up

That's how I remember it Foxy, but last few times I went to watch a game the screens were either off or muted. I can't imagine the Sunday games would take preference over the Sunday roasts for example

It might still be possible to watch a game there but it hasn't been that much fun in last few years (not complaining about EDT btw, it's a fine pub, but it's focus has shifted in recent years)

StraferJack Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> That's how I remember it Foxy, but last few times

> I went to watch a game the screens were either off

> or muted. I can't imagine the Sunday games would

> take preference over the Sunday roasts for

> example

>

> It might still be possible to watch a game there

> but it hasn't been that much fun in last few years

> (not complaining about EDT btw, it's a fine pub,

> but it's focus has shifted in recent years)

I'm there every night.. Games on with sound (unlike some of the outlets). (main bar)

side bars tend only to show big games.. Sometimes separate games on each screen.

Sundays they tend to have Live Jazz 2-4 with the Sunday Roast.

I rarely drink during the day.

Tend to drink in the evening as an aid to sleeping :)

Foxy

The Actress is nice but if there's major sport on, it's a bit rammed. Their pizza's are nice.

I like The Clockhouse on the corner of Barry Road a Peckham Rye - friendly and full of REGULARS who are hilarious. New Manager who has taken over is also really nice.

Actress is good for football. EDT not so great. Sometimes they don't put the sound on which is deeply irritating. The Man of Kent in Nunhead is a great pub to watch football. A good old man's pub as my missus would say. Always a good atmosphere in there.

Archived