XL in Administration, anyone else lost out?

muffintop

Just ranting, booked flights to Dalaman on-line via XL, didn't have a package holiday so not covered by ATOL booked directly with firm and have now lost ?500!!! Nice start to the weekend yup! Just trying to see if I can recoup anything, and as my luck is really in today I have just realised I used my debit card instead of credit! so nada!! I think I'll go and eat worms, nope one more thing to check out, the holiday insurance I took out, off to scrutinise the small print! I never read them, hopefully will be covered, keeping fingers crossed

I genuinely tried replying straight away, but stupid mobile wasn't letting me!

Anyway, I hope you get some better news soon!

It bugs me that credit cards are covered but not debit cards. It's like you're being punished for trying to be responsible with money and not getting in to further debt!

was listening to PM on R4 little while ago, and they said that while debit cards aren't covered generally visa debit are often under a charge-back scheme - they advised contacting the bank who gave you the card for further advice/guidance... hope that helps Muffintop, on hols myself in a week and would be devastated if it was cancelled now.