Aggressive duster seller in Oglander road area - 28th Feb

Carrie

A particularly aggressive duster seller has just called round. There was a very nasty verbal altercation between my husband and him. I have reported it on the police non-emergency number and they are circulating his description but just beware if you live in the area and perhaps think twice before opening the door!

Yes I have. I politely declined his services and was told " I hope you've got AIDS!"

Seriously, whatever organisation is responsible for these 'sellers' should be a bit more diligent with their employees. We really don't deserve this level of aggression on our doorstep.

Ann Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Seriously, whatever organisation is responsible

> for these 'sellers' should be a bit more diligent

> with their employees. We really don't deserve

> this level of aggression on our doorstep.

I have to disagree with you Ann as I'd been thinking about this before this thread started...I believe the organisation behind these 'sellers' is extremely diligent, and achieves more consistency in its recruitment programme than Goldman Sachs - they're looking for nasty aggressive people. Either that or they take fairly normal people then train them to be intimidating.

I say that because they are so consistently vile - I've had run ins with them on about four occasions 'What are you looking at?' when I've glanced at them in the street, 'I'm not a burglar' out of nowhere from them on my doorstep, 'Are you a burglar?' from another one on the doorstep.

Any normal door to door seller would simply hurry on when refused. They are aggressive for the sake of it because they seek to intimidate. I'd love to know who's behind it.