SMBS/Lordship Lane - Great Shop!

ths0105

I went in to get four items , the young man said '?22 Please ' .

I spluttered out ' ?22?!! How much are my teas?!!' He then said ' Don't panic , sorry , must be a mistake ' and then said it was ?11.

If I hadn't questioned it I don't know if he would have realised his error .

As with all shops , always check you are being charged correctly .

I rarely go to SMBS , it hasn't put me off going in future but I definitely will be keeping tabs on the prices/till in future .

DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I went in to get four items , the young man said

> '?22 Please ' .

> I spluttered out ' ?22?!! How much are my teas?!!'

> He then said ' Don't panic , sorry , must be a

> mistake ' and then said it was ?11.

> If I hadn't questioned it I don't know if he

> would have realised his error .

> As with all shops , always check you are being

> charged correctly .

> I rarely go to SMBS , it hasn't put me off going

> in future but I definitely will be keeping tabs

> on the prices/till in future .

What item was the mistake on, or was it on all four, or did the till add the total up wrong?

Doubling the correct total seems very odd, particularly with only four items being bought.

No idea as he put all four items in and it said ?22 , when I nearly had a heart attack and spluttered out the total in shock , he told me not to panic , pressed a button on the till and it halved it to ?11.

I still have no idea how it doubled it from ?11 to ?22 but I was just happy I wasn't paying ?22 as I would have left the items and hot footed it out .

DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

> I still have no idea how it doubled it from ?11 to

> ?22 but I was just happy I wasn't paying ?22 as I

> would have left the items and hot footed it out .

Was the ?11 correct?

This is really embarrassing but I do not know as I never look at the prices of things generally in grocery shops as I tend to roughly know a ball park figure and I knew the two teas would be around ?3 plus each and I got organic digestive and rice cakes . Schoolboy error. I just knew it wasn't ?22. The exact price was ?11.57 but it was ?22.57 before .

DulwichBorn&Bred Wrote:

> The exact price was ?11.57 but it was

> ?22.57 before .

Very odd, unless they overcharged you by ?11 on one item?

But given you had only bought four things, you would have thought they would have realised there was something wrong when they told you it was ?22.57. Unless they thought the rice cakes were the gold-plated variety.

ETA: And how could pressing a button on the till take ?11 off the bill? Very weird.

It must be so nice to get to a till and not care/have no idea what you've spent.

Personally I have to add everything up as I go around supermarket and then put items back if goes over my budget.

Maybe it would be a good idea for shoppers at this place to do the same and keep track of prices as they shop.

Indeed.

And at least if you think you have been overcharged in a supermarket you can check an itemised receipt against the price displayed on the shelf.

If DulwichBornAndBred had had a lot more than four items, it's possible that he (she?) wouldn't have noticed an eleven pound overcharge, given the generally high prices in SMBS.