misi

MelonSmasher Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> East Dulwich has its share of pretentious people

> like Sue, way too much to say for themselves. If

> you don't make a constructive contribution to OPs

> thread, why even reply?

xxxxxx

I replied because I was f-ing annoyed at being patronised ("retired lady or gent") and lumped in with "kids" as being somehow worth less than other people because I'm older.

If you don't like my posts, then don't read them.

And googling "pretentious" brought up this definition:

"attempting to impress by affecting greater importance or merit than is actually possessed."

Perhaps you could explain why you have called me pretentious, thanks.

Anyway, I'm going out shortly, so I look forward to reading your response tomorrow. Well, actually I don't look forward to it, but I'm being polite :))

ETA: Interested to see you've only ever posted on this forum three times, and two of those is on this thread.

ETA: And a significant part of my working life was spent in the field of equal opportunities (as it was once called)/diversity (as it was later called). I worked bloody hard to try to make things fairer for people, particularly training managers in fair recruitment practices, both in the public and private sectors. So as well as a personal interest in the content of the OP, I also have what you might say is a professional interest.

No doubt you consider that pretentious as well :(

ETA: And it does make me laugh (a hollow laugh) when people criticise me for "not being constructive". And they do that by posting on here :)) But hey, your criticising me is so much more constructive than anything I have posted, yes?

I, too, occasionally care for cats. I offer three services: 'gold', 'silver' and 'bronze'.

For gold, I speak to the cat in a high-pitched child-like voice, repeatedly try to touch it whilst it tries to avoid me - and preview the 'menu' of the cat food varieties to the cat - as if it were real meat - not minced lips, tits and beak.

Silver gets you a bit of stroking and a handful of catnip in the face.

Bronze is just the checking the cat isn't dead and a promise not to rifle through your underwear drawer.

Needless to say the cat doesn't care either way.

I'm all for a bit of child exploitation!

I always expect kids to earn their pocket money and my 15 year old asks if I have any extra jobs if there's something she is saving up for.

It's useful for kids to learn how to earn their own money and normal to pay them less than adults for all kinds of reasons. Even the minimum wage recognises that.

Just read the OP and felt a bit unsure about the 10-15 year old range as this would prob involve Mum or Dad getting involved too e.g. taking them to and fro. Also from a security/safeguarding point of view as I don't think a 10-15 year old should be left in charge of somebodys house for even that amount of time as anything could happen.

Sorry for posting so late (like Sue).

wow. Misi...whether or not I agree with you or Sue, your offensive and personal attack on her made me reel.

Misi wrote.."Seeing as you wrote it at 12:30 on a Sunday morning (well, late Saturday night) perhaps you should stay off the forum when you've been at the sherry bottle or finished the chardonnay bottle? Of what concern is my query to you?"

Its a public forum. Shame on you.