Big house refurb - can we get a reliable, recommended "all in one" architect/design/builder

ninbi

We are considering buying a 2800sq ft house that has no heating, and needs total rewiring, roof work, some new plumbing, new bathrooms created and a kitchen/diner made in the existing space. Not looking to extend or build any new bits but we will need to move/lose a couple of internal walls.

The house looks structurally sound and is currently totally empty and stripped back to floorboards.

Before we put in the offer I need a realistic idea of the cost of the job and how long it will take to get the house to a sate where we can move into a couple of rooms. I'm looking for a design company/individual who works closely with good builders who can undertake the whole project and who I can collaborate with.

I also need them to be reasonably priced, reliable (very important!!) and friendly (nothing worse then rude or grumpy people in your house!!)

Please PM me if you can pop into see the house with me this week. If it's going to happen we need to decide by the end of this week.

Thanks!

We did this in ED a year ago on a house of around 1600 sq ft. It was in a similar state to the house you're describing requiring total refurbishment (it was 2 almost derelict flats with no plumbing / wiring etc) but no extensions required.

Living in the house is unlikely to be workable, it's a very messy process, although we had no alternative but to move in for the last 3 weeks, the misery of living on site should not to be underestimated.

Our refurb cost around ?140,000 and took approx 4 months. This may seem expensive, however, this included literally everything inuding the garden, bathrooms, kitchen etc etc.

Happy for you have a look around and discuss the issues we faced if you think it'd help,

Best,

Ron