Holiday with toddler end May /beg June

Ok so I've finally pinned my husband down to some dates for our holiday - last week May and first of June.

We'd like somewhere sunny - I accept we might need trousers / cardigan at night but want to be able to be sunbathing and swimming in the day.

Although not our normal type of holiday we're thinking a hotel resort would work well for us. We've got a 2 yr old so would like to be able to have a morning and an evening to ourselves so kids club and babysitting a must. Somewhere really child friendly - kids pool, playground, ability to take children into restaurant and not get glared at (all the things we would have hated a few years back)

I've seen both the Pine Cliffs and Martinhal in Portugal and a Melia hotel in Tenerife but wonder if anyone has any other similar suggestions.

Also silly question but will the pools be heated this time of year? We went to Portugal last August and had a villa and the pool wasn't heated and was freezing and my son refused to get in. He loves swimming and I don't want him to miss out because the waters so cold!!

Help please :)

Hiya, sorry cannot give any suggestions but if you are thinking Portugal, make very sure the pools are heated. We went first 10 days in June last year and it was freezing, pool and sea. Warm enough out of the water but almost no swimming to be had :( Plus, the place was pretty dead, out of season... I'll be following the thread, need ideas too!

We went to Sensatori Tenerife last June (& hope to return in Sept) - it might be the same as the Melia hotel you've looked at.

The main pools were 'acclimatised' rather than heated, so not very warm, but fine when you're in it (DD was 2.5yr in a Jojo wetsuit would spend an hour with us in the big pool & be desperate to get the suit off as soon as she was out as she was so toasty!).

The kid's pool was warmed & she'd be happy in there with just her regular suit on.

We'd never done a "fly & flop" holiday before, & how much we enjoyed it took us by surprise!

Ive been to the Martinal twice and its lovely: a bit windy as you are right on the southern tip of Portugal. however dont let that put you off as it really only felt windy at one of the pools and kids didnt seem to mind! they also have a kids pool which is half outdoor and half undercover which is great for keeping them out of the sun.

Townhouses are excellent all with one plus bedroom so great for the evening and most have gardens which is handy.

There is a square in the evening where most families eat and there is are a few kids climbing frames/playhouses to keep them amused. Beach is lovely and you can walk out to the lighthouse or the village/town nearby along the beach quite easily. Hope that helps! I actually work for a travel company and although I dont actually work in the Europe Team feel free to give the Families team a call if you're interested! I know we also sell Pinecliffs but havent been myself! Western & Oriental 020 7666 1234 and ask for Neil!