Hipsters

harperama

My mates and i had a session down the pub and vowed not to stop drinking until we came up with an idea that made us rich.

Eventually we came up with the idea of patenting car tyres that had different coloured rubber at the level where the tread has worn down too much so its really obvious.

Pleased with our work we drew up a patent and one of us went to the patent office.

Someone had got there first a couple of years previously.

20 years later I'm less annoyed as they clearly didn't get rich either!!!

Still think it was a good idea though.

I'm changing my mind about hipsters bit by bit. They may be a bit irritating in a 'Yes, we are all individuals' kind of fashion, but they are at worst boring, utterly harmless and at best entrepenuerial, even if we can laugh at some of the ideas, at least they're putting their money where their mouth is and living up to Napoleon's ideal.

Better than sittin gon your arse complaining about how the government has disenfranchised you and then nicking some trainers and burning down your neighbour's business innit.

I have do not have an entrepreneurial bone in my body, so I always admire people who can take an original idea through to implementation and make a success of it - especially when it's as eccentric as this. Must have taken some serious determination to get this off the ground.

Good on these guys. Not going to mug myself and pay those prices but they've started their own business and enough people have bought into the idea to make it a success. More than most the bores on this forum have achieved. Good tats too!

Louisa and all those that jump on the same narrow minded grey bandwagon with the slogan "I hate change" I feel it's time you understood what london is. Since the dawn of time it's been a melting pot of people, cultures and ideas. The london you're thinking of didn't,doesn't and never will exist.

That is all. Off to buy thick cut toast (granary of course) from an artisan cafe and then spend the morning picking crumbs from my beard and reading poetry.

Why use the cereal killers? ?2.19 for porridge with banana and honey or fruit compote and unlimited coffee in wetherspoon's......or 3 minutes in the microwave diy oats. Mind you after reading their background- manager of E-lite cigarettes, the other a manager for Superdry, seems like a natural progression....

My heart for new businesses and creativity is big. And I'm sure they're nice. All hipsters are nice.

But they can still both be a couple of cockwombles for coming up with a concept like this. The idea of going out to eat Weetabix you cannot dispute is totally mad.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Otta Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I always wanted to open a pancake cafe in

> Guildford, but I'm not big on risks.

>

> Is that a joke? I don't get it...

No joke. Back around 2001 I spent a lot of time around Guildford (a lot of it with a white cane and a blindfold) and decided that it was a town with shed load of young people, but young people with money. I decided a p[ancake cafe would do well.