Sash windows refurbished

scottale

Hi Steve,

Is your phone number correct? We've tried to contact you couple times on number provided to no avail. We would like to refurbish/replace couple old sash windows at our place and would appreciate to book your visit.

Thanks

Hi all. If anyone has any sash windows in need of repair/replacing I just wanted to recommend Steve Carter at Sundial (http://sundialps.co.uk/) as he's just finished sorting out our neglected sash windows (by refurbishing rather than replacing except where they were too rotten) and has done a fantastic job. He's a lovely guy, as was the team that worked on our house headed up by Greg - a pleasure to have around the house. Steve was totally honest and fair with his pricing and, although, the job ended up being bigger than anticipated, the cost was still significantly lower than some of the crazy quotes we had for window replacement. He even went to the effort of tracking down the rather unusual patterned glass that features at the top of our windows by going to a salvage shop - so our windows now look not just as good as new but better than that as they also have draught proofing and nice new chrome fastenings etc. I could not recommend Steve more highly.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd like to recommend Steve and his team at Sundial for sash window restoration. They recently refurbished our downstairs windows and fitted new double glazed sashes into the original frames in the bedrooms. Greg and Luke, who did the job were polite and thoroughly professional. I was particularly pleased with how they cleared up before they left each day.

The windows look great and all the old rattles and draughts are gone. I have no hesitation in recommending Steve

0845 680 0366 - www.sundialps.co.uk

We spent significant time trying to find the right company to do some work done on our windows. After several false starts (and very high quotes), we were recommended Sundial. Every aspect of our interaction with them from start to finish really could not have been better. Their quote was very competitive and there was good communication throughout. The team were super clean, tidy and friendly with a high attention to detail. The end result really could not be better and we would highly recommend Sundial.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I highly recommend Steve at Sundials. He and his team replaced my old uPVC windows with beautiful wooden sash windows in my Victorian terrace. They have transformed the look of the house - even my neighbours have complimented me. He did it at a reasonable cost, and the men who came daily to work were polite, tidy, and very considerate. I enjoyed having them working there. If you want to see photos, or message me, then do. Thanks Steve! (Iposted this on another thread - I'm not a robot, but just wanted to recommend Steve, as he did such a good job for me, and is such a nice guy)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The craftsmanship of Steve?s team at Sundial is unparalleled.

They restored our 16 Edwardian sash windows from shabby, ill-fitting and very draughty to flawless, snug and very smart.

Steve?s team, led by Luke, were great to have working in the house. Not only did they tidy up every day they also took huge care of our possessions - protecting things and putting them back in place when they had finished. Luke communicated really well throughout and they completed on time and on budget.

The result is the work of skilled perfectionists and far exceeds our expectations. We feel very lucky.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I would echo all the recommendations here. Steve's team have just finished refurbishing 15 windows in our house and we are very happy with both the end result and the way the work was done, from initial quote to final clear up. The guys are all very professional, friendly and courteous and did all they could to make the job as stress free as possible, cleaning up every evening and letting us know day to day what was going on. Many thanks and a five star recommendation.

We?ve just had a great experience with Steve and his team at Sundial windows. From initial interaction and quote, to scheduling in the job, to carrying out the work, to the finished windows. I?ve never actually met a tradesman so proactively good at keeping in touch re when can schedule in work and confirming timelines. We are delighted with our windows and couldn?t recommend the team highly enough.

• 1 month later...
Steve and team just refurbished all sash windows in my house and also repainted the door and facade of the house. They have done an amazing job. The team was punctual, courteous and very tidy and the finished product was of an extremely high quality. They were very skillfull at restoring some of the windows. In addition Steve did a great a job at keeping me posted on the progress of the work and the whole work was reasonably priced. I highly recommend Steve and his team.

• 1 month later...

Our friends recommended Sundial Property Services but I also had another two companies quote to refurbish seven of our sash windows for completeness. I went with Steve's quote because I thought it was the most thorough of the three - he actually explained in detail what the refurbishment process would involve while the others just skimmed over it - and then answered my many, many questions very well. In particular, I liked the fact Steve planned to use waxed cotton cords over cheaper polyester or nylon (which the other companies quoted) and the fact he planned two undercoats and one top coat instead of the lesser number of coats quoted by the others. From small details like those, I had a feeling Sundial's was going to be quality work.

What I didn't appreciate then was what a labour of love refurbishing sash windows is for Sundial... Irek and Dawid were the most patient and meticulous tradespeople I think I have ever had in my house. The windows, to quote Steve, were in sound but neglected condition (painted shut, cracking paint, broken panes, rotten window sills) but after the many, many hours the guys spent on them, they look magnificent and the rooms are noticeably less draughty. Other posters have mentioned how courteous and tidy the guys were around the house and I would agree with all of that, but what I really liked was their attitude, which was professional and focused the entire time.

We still have another twelve windows to work on and I have already asked Sundial back during the summer to complete them. Clearly, then, I am very happy to recommend them.

• 2 months later...

Just wanted to quickly echo some of these recommendations for Sundials having recently completed our windows. We couldn't be happier with the work.

We asked Steve to help us replace our draughty, rotten windows fearing that they were beyond repair. I was delighted when Steve suggested a combination of refurbishment and replacement - we ended up replacing the sashes with double glazing and refurbishing the solid frames. Resulting in a wonderful seamless finish. Erik and Dawid showed true craftmanship, were courteous and tidy and a pleasure to have in the house.

• 4 months later...
A very Happy New Year to all my past & future clients in Dulwich and the surrounding areas. We have a very busy 1st quarter coming up in 2020, most of which involves replacing single glazed sashes with double glazed. This means we will have a lot of old sash windows in perfectly sound condition, which I'd like to offer to anyone who could make use of them, FOC. Happy to deliver. Please get in touch via the website www.sundialps.co.uk or call me on 07966 493 641 - All the best for 2020 - Steve

• 3 months later...

Another glowing review for Steve. During lockdown my sash window gave into rot leaving a gaping hole at the top of the window. I contacted Steve, who wasn't working at the time as per government guidelines. I expressed concern that I had a female tenant in the flat who was her on her own, and the window wasn't completely safe. He immediately called her, went to the flat the next morning, and secured the window so she felt safe. A true gentleman. And he wouldn't even accept any money from me. If only all trades people were this brilliant.

www.sundialps.co.uk

07966 493 641

• 2 months later...
Steve did an excellent job replacing / repairing the sash windows in my flat too. He was really helpful in working to my time scale, started and finished the job on time and left the flat clean and tidy. I highly recommend him.

• 4 months later...
Highly recommend Sundial Property Services (07966493641) for sash window refurbishment. We did a lot of research, looking at various different companies, and Steve and his team offered the most complete service at a competitive price. Lukas stripped the windows right back to the wood, replaced any rotten elements, putty and cracked glass, keeping the original Victorian glass where he could. David then re-painted the windows beautifully, and replaced the window furniture with more secure locks and fasteners. Some of our sash windows didn?t open before their work, and now do, which is great. Steve was very attentive, managing the job throughout and always available to answer any questions and provide updates. Lukas and David were a pleasure to have around, and put in a huge amount of time and care to get our windows working and looking great. We?re delighted with the result.

• 1 month later...
Well, soon I will also be looking to move into a new apartment. I already found the apartment that I really like, and I want to buy, I almost got all the money for it, however there are some problems with the owner of that apartment. The apartment is in a really great area, and the price is really good as it is not in a really good state, and I will have to work a lot on it.

Well, soon I will also be looking to move into a new apartment. I already found the apartment that I really like, and I want to buy, I almost got all the money for it, however there are some problems with the owner of that apartment. The apartment is in a really great area, and the price is really good as it is not in a really good state, and I will have to work a lot on it. I will also have to change the windows.

Well, soon I will also be looking to move into a new apartment. I already found the apartment that I really like, and I want to buy, I almost got all the money for it, however there are some problems with the owner of that apartment. The apartment is in a really great area, and the price is really good as it is not in a really good state, and I will have to work a lot on it. I will also have to change the windows. I been browsing a lot recently, looking to find a good company who is making them, the best one I have found is the https://www.skwindows.ie/ . I guess I will order the windows and the doors also from them.

I expect the 'good company' waiting to be duly found by this unbelievable spammer will be the one already spammed and deleted twice recently under two user names.

[2/2/21 ETA] But no, it turned out to be for an Irish window company [https://www.skwindows.ie/], in line with GibsonB's preparatory post of 30 Dec which I reported (first attachment). The report wasn't acted on, and he added the payload link on 4 Jan.

Another glowing recommendation for Steve and his team! We cannot recommend or thank Steve, David, Irek and Luke enough for the their hard work and attention to detail in restoring our sash windows but also for the respect they gave to our home and family as they worked in all weathers to get the windows done. With a 17 month old in the house we were slightly apprehensive about having the work done but the team left the house so clean and tidy every day that we had nothing to worry about - she also loved waving to them as they got to work every morning! We are so happy with our windows, the house is so much warmer and we no longer shudder every time a loud car comes down the street, not to mention the quality of the finish which looks SO much better and will last for years. If you're thinking about getting your windows refurbished, I would feel very confident in highly recommending Sundials.