Wanted: Nice looking woman to start the year with... (Lounged)

Miles

In case you missed my post on the other thread..

'That was a good night, I'm amazed by the turn out, looks like the board must be popular. I was more surprised by the number of people that told me they'd only come along to meet me, I didn't realise I'd created such interest.

The people were much as I expected, a complete cross section. Some very friendly that I'd like to see again, some normal people and one utter @#$%& who just stood and laughed at me - very polite.'

Thinking more, it wasnt the easiest enviroment to chat as the music was up loud (something I have trouble with) through no fault of the organisers.

Having told my mates of my experience, there are 4 or more than want to come along to the next drinks and maybe the curry club, a couple use the forum and a couple dont. More new meat for you all :)

Miles Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Having told my mates of my experience, there are 4

> or more than want to come along to the next drinks

> and maybe the curry club, a couple use the forum

> and a couple dont. More new meat for you all :)

Ah, but are they nice looking? ;-) ....(sorry, only joking... couldn't resist)

Glad you enjoyed yourself anyway. Other drinks haven't always been at places as noisy as that, though last time I came (to Hoopers) we moved onto the EDT afterwards which made the Phoenix seem almost civilised in its volume. Ouch, and now I sound like an old woman...

:)) My mate J4mes has just become single and he is rather a catch, I'll get him along to the next one.

As commented by someone else, its hard to speak to everyone although I would have liked to, so having built a base talking to a few people I now look forward to the chance of speaking to more.

indiepanda Wrote:

> Miles Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Having told my mates of my experience, there are

> 4

> > or more than want to come along to the next

> drinks

> > and maybe the curry club, a couple use the

> forum

> > and a couple dont. More new meat for you all :)

>

> Ah, but are they nice looking? ;-) ....(sorry,

> only joking... couldn't resist)

>

> Glad you enjoyed yourself anyway. Other drinks

> haven't always been at places as noisy as that,

> though last time I came (to Hoopers) we moved onto

> the EDT afterwards which made the Phoenix seem

> almost civilised in its volume. Ouch, and now I

> sound like an old woman...

There will always be another time and if you can't wait for the next drinks, there is always pms.

hibbs Wrote:

> Miles - hopefully I wont be suffering from a 'hot

> flush' next time we meet ;-), sorry I didn't get a

> chance to talk to you.

I think us singletons need to promote ourselves and our single friends. By the way - very brave to start a thread like this Miles!

You have just done J4ames a good turn - think he might owe you a drink now. Looking forward to meeting such a catch! ;-) I will also bring my single friend Kate along to the next drinks.

I was joking with another forumite that I might start a blog about my love life, it's usually a good read.

KalamityKel Wrote:

> I'm wondering if Miles is considering starting up

> a dating agency for ED... ya got enuff interest

> going ;-)

TBH I find people who swear inarticulate and stupid, but sometimes you're driven to it.

KalamityKel Wrote:

> I'm sure a nice intelligent man such as urself can

> come up wiv better words than those in the swear

> filter...

Miles Wrote:

> I was joking with another forumite that I might

> start a blog about my love life, it's usually a

> good read.

So would we be talking a male version of Bridget Jones, or more Sex and the City??

All these promises of single men at the next drinks, I'm disappointed I can't make them!

Being a real man, I have no idea what a male version of Bridget Jones, or more Sex and the City might involve never having watched them :))

indiepanda Wrote:

> Miles Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > I was joking with another forumite that I might

> > start a blog about my love life, it's usually a

> > good read.

>

> So would we be talking a male version of Bridget

> Jones, or more Sex and the City??

>

> All these promises of single men at the next

> drinks, I'm disappointed I can't make them!

Miles Wrote:

> Being a real man, I have no idea what a male

> version of Bridget Jones, or more Sex and the City

> might involve never having watched them :))

Fair comment... I'm not sure I've ever met a straight man who liked Sex and the City, or seen Bridget Jones without being dragged to the cinema by their girlfriend.

Bridget Jones is basically an updated version of Pride and Prejudice.... but then maybe it's only us girls that watched that too ...*drifts off into dreams of Colin Firth*... (I should add I loved the book long before the BBC adaptation)

I hear word from a mutual acquaintance that some guy, now dropped by one woman, is moving on to an 'attractive model'.

Well, models are prob by definition in some sense attractive. To somebody.

But this whole model thing is beyond belief.

The world is not full of 'attractive models'.

And the population of 'attractive models' are probably not the first place to find mates.

(And don't let me start on the online dating sites populated by men looking for women 30 years younger. Who all themselves look like the proverbial cat-hedge-wise, and twenty years older that their stated age in real life, and suffering from severe personality problems invariably.)

Women, to create a level playing field, start lying about everything big-time.

Rant over.