New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham

Message added by Administrator,

Due to this topic being excessively long, a new 2024 "New Shops in Dulwich / Peckham" has been opened here. Please continue the discussion there.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Foxy - just google for rosie's cafe peckham. It is

> on the little stretch of Rye Lane just before the

> White Horse pub.

I'm not that concerned and do not feel the need to Google it..

Its not very helpful to say that one place is opposite another place..

'Need and optician ? there's a good one opposite the bakers' :)

Foxy.

Peckhamrye Wrote:

> It's not a rip-off of Bao London, it's a Bao

> Restaurant - Bao London didn't invent it...

You don't think they're influenced by the only other Taiwanese bao restaurant in London? With a similar name, and queues out of the door every night? OK then.

And that's not a criticism. Successful businesses have always been imitated. It's common sense.

I assumed as this is a local forum and Rosie's had been mentioned I didn't need to give precise directions.

It's Nigel road down from the Rye pub as if you were traveling onto Rye lane.

Same area as Peddler, Rosie's, KFH, the White Horse etc

Assuming this is SE15 so Peckham but it might be SE22

Oh Jeremy. Bao is a type of food.

So saying a restaurant is 'ripping off' another by having bao in its name is a bit like saying any shop with burger in its name is a rip off of other burger places.

Yeah that HONEST BURGERS place. They're just ripping off Burger King. Pah!

pilsbury Wrote:

> my O/H went to the white horse on friyda night and

> said it was a really nice mix of old locals and

> new folks and that the food was delicious

I popped in - still similar but different .. if you know what I mean :)

Finally tried out the New 325 Cafe at 325 Underhill Road...

2 large Sausages, Chips, Baked Beans and a Bucket of Tea ?5.00. Large portions. Very good value..

Proper Old Skool cafe.. Had a chat with Turkish owners who seem to be assiciated with Sema Fish & Chips next door.

Dont go to the Cafe much but nice to have a decent one just 2-3 minutes walk.

Currently not open on a Sunday dispite saying it does on the flyers put through the door.

Very quiet along that stretch .. so might take a while for local trades people to discover it.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

> 2 large Sausages, Chips, Baked Beans and a Bucket

> of Tea ?5.00. Large portions. Very good value..

Good stuff. That - plus a couple of eggs - would really hit the spot right now!

We went to 325 Cafe on Sat too.... Good food (with real HP sauce!!) and very reasonable.

Apparently, they don't generally open on a Sunday, however, we booked for 11 people in a couple of weeks time and they're opening up so I guess they will open up if it's worth their while...