Do foxes attack cats?

tasha1

A cat is a burst of energy, mao, directed in ways neither you nor I can imagine. It can be subdued, and then merely reflect your care and solicitude (these are not goods). It is symbiotic, so invites this misrecognition. But its life is other, not yours.

There is a post in the main section that describes a tragic event involving a cat being run over at night-time. This sadly demonstrates the wisdom of keeping cats in at night, a practice recommended by vets and animal rehoming centres.

One day I noticed in my garden a vixen nesting with her cubs. My cat was a kitten at the time. As this vixen was nursing I decided to leave food out for them out on a nightly basis.

I happily let my kitten roam about the garden, didn't even give it a second thought. The vixen eventually moved on with her cubs (or so I thought) and my kitten grew up, a few months or so later, one night I returned home in the early hours of the morning and saw 3 foxes strolling down the middle of the road with one tiny small one in the middle, which turned out to my cat!! He had formed a close bond with the cubs and they hang out together. So my experienced would be no but naturally dependent upon the individual cat and fox!

• 2 weeks later...