Those theiving Toerags (Coldplay)

Mikecg

Coldplay - who received seven Grammy nominations - won Best Pop Performance by a Duo Or Group and the coveted Song Of The Year for their best-selling track Viva La Vida.

But did you know that the guitarist Joe Satriani AKA SATCH is suing them for Plagiarism?.

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/joe-satriani-sues-coldplay-for-plagiarism-1003919842.story.

Further evidence can be found here.

See, you can ripp people off and make money from it.

I suppose what will happen is, if Satrianni wins the case, he will get a cut of all the profits made from the song.

Similar to what happened with The Verve/Rolling Stones and Fun Lovn? Criminals/Quentin Tarantino.

Didn?t some band called Queens or summat also get sued for ripping off Vanilla Ice?

Ha ha Jeremy, know what you mean, although the former is a very very good guitarist if you like that sort of thing (I don't). I can't stand Coldplay, so just hope they get done! Reminds me of The Verve and Bitter sweet symphony.

Yes indeed keeth, but because they won the award over the weekend I thought post about it. I am not a Coldsnooz fan and There is no room for Joe in my music collection either. I personally think that the musicianship in todays mainstream music isnt what it once was. IMHO.......

Jeremy wrote,

Bittersweet Symphony was a rubbish song... the only good bit in it was the sample they nicked.

snip<

A tad harsh, I wouldnt say it was rubbish, I think it was quite good. we cant all like the same things though I suppose.

Jeremy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Bittersweet Symphony was a rubbish song... the

> only good bit in it was the sample they nicked.

>

> I remember Coldplay teaming up with Richard

> Ashcroft to play that song at Live 8 (I think).

> The horror.

At which point Chris Martin said without The Verve there would have been no coldplay, which is just another strike against the verve as far as I'm concerned!

Brendan Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Jeremy Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Very true... I am happy to agree to disagree...

>

> I categorically disagree with any such agreements.

So you don't agree to disagree? Therefore you agree?

I don't know if this is true or not - but I heard that Dave Gilmour doesn't listen to other artists' music when he's writing because he's scared he might inadvertently be influenced and rip them off. No idea if it's true but I think it's very gentlemanly of him if it is true.

Let's try to be constructive guys. You never know, Chris Martin might find himself on the EDF and if that's the case then he's entitled to something a bit more constructive than "I hate Christ Martin"! Here goes....

he's really really whiney

There. Done my bit.

Okay, fair point. He's arrogant enough to compare himself to some of the greatest artists ever, and has never backed it up. If tells me it would be really sad if I didn't hear his new album because it's just that good, so now I have to live my life in the knowledge there may just be something missing!