Harris Boys East Dulwich

My son moved from another local school that he was not happy at to Harris boys and I will say best thing I ever done for him he is so happy there, the staff are all brilliant so helpful can not praise them all enough for what they have done for my son. Hope that helps a bit

• 3 months later...

Although you have all written such great reviews about Harris boys East Dulwich. I believe you should all know that my son who was supposed to starting Harris in September, was attacked by a group of boys from that school. My son was put in hospital and has had to have surgery!

These boys are still attending this school and are words of the head teacher ' trouble makers who are always in isolation'

Also may I bring to your attention that a mother I know her son is in year 7. He is being bullied and went so far the boy pulled his braces from his mouth because he couldn't stand the verbal abuse. Now if this school is so fantastic why is this boy refusing to go to school. Why is my son petrified to go out or even go to this school come September! So although they may have outstanding from ofsted( 3 years ago) I can say in my opinion it doesn't seem so hot to deal with bullying or safety of their pupils!

I am not a fan of academies or academy governance, but this doesn't alter the fact it's a school and has pupils from the locality in it. Have you had a gander at ?

http://www.education.gov.uk/cgi-bin/schools/performance/school.pl?urn=135816

KS4 - 5A*-C - 71% (LA average - 62%) - higher than Charter AND Bacons !

% Making expected progress in English - 88% (LA - 80%, E & W - 72%) - higher than Charter, Kingsdale & Bacons

% Making expected progress in Maths - 84% (LA - 74%, E & W - 66%) - higher than Charter, Kingsdale, Saint Olaves, City of London Academy & Bacons

% achieving 5+ A*-C GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths GCSEs for high attainers - 94% - higher than Charter, Kingsdale, City of London Academy & Bacons

% achieving 5+ A*-C GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths GCSEs for medium attainers - 76% - higher than Charter, Kingsdale, City of London Academy & Bacons

% achieving 5+ A*-C GCSEs (or equivalent) including English and Maths GCSEs for low attainers - 30% - higher than Charter, Kingsdale, City of London Academy & Bacons

Lower than average pupil absence - 4.2% (National 5.2%)

Outstanding Ofsted inspection

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/inspection-reports/find-inspection-report/provider/ELS/135816

• 6 months later...

I know this thread has been dead for a long time, if anyone reads this then i hope it helps.

A was a student at HBAED from year 7 to 11 and never had a problem to do with school, the teachers push you hard but it does get results. If your looking for an easy time then don't apply here.

I am happy to answer any questions from anyone, so feel free to reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
I do not have direct experience but have only heard good things. It went from bottom of our list with our first to second this year as my middle son really liked it, especially the sports department (very encouraging to all not just the 'sporty' ones) and we knew people who had had good experiences all round.