Proposed construction of a 25m mobile phone mast at the junction of Village Way and Half Moon Lane

"I find it very offensive....etc., etc."

Widely held concerns are not necessarily valid. In fact they are often stupid and ill-informed, and widely held simply because they chime with widely held prejudices, superstitions and the like. That offends me (intellectually) but I am evidently made of sterner stuff, because I manage to shrug it off. I'm afraid you will need to develop a rather thicker skin if you are going to invite people to join a campaign based on such a shaky premise - you can expect some challenge.

Looking at the map above it seems that there are no masts within the Dulwich estate boundary? Dave R I suggest you lobby the Dulwich estate for a 25 meter mast and 6 large cabinets in a central village location? This would seem to be in a better location for all concerned? But perhaps this does not in the view of Dulwich estate supports the 'preservation of the character of the area - the appearance of individual properties is in harmony with that of neighbouring buildings, maintaining the integrity of streetscapes and there is an almost rural feel due to an abundance of trees and open spaces.'

Elephant Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Looking at the map above it seems that there are

> no masts within the Dulwich estate boundary?

That's right.

The Dulwich Estates management are Luddites. They don't understand that efficient communications are vital in today's world. They have objected to other masts and so the phone reception in the Village is dismal.

Similarly, they want to use bicycles for every journey - hence their support for potty modifications to the Townley Road junction.

I live in the village and to think that we pay them a levy every year for the privilege, really goes against the grain.

Villager

Isn't there a mobile mast on the Pelo ground, within the Estate? Doesn't seem to be on the diagram, but just googled it and it seems there is a separate planning application to upgrade it?

planbuild.southwark.gov.uk:8190/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=_STHWR_DCAPR_9558973

If this mast gets built, will it benefit users of all of the mobile networks (O2, EE etc) or only a limited number of them?

Also, does anyone know what the likely range will be that it benefits? The map that Villager posted shows a black hole and it would be helpful to know whether this new mast (if built) will fill that hole or only part of it? It may be that it will, but the further away the user is the less the potential benefit in improved signal?

It will clearly be an eyesore, but in weighing that up against the potential benefit, it would be helpful to understand what the potential benefit actually is.

MiniViking Wrote:

> If this mast gets built, will it benefit users of

> all of the mobile networks (O2, EE etc) or only a

> limited number of them?

>

The supporting docos say that it is for Vodafone and O2 for 3G and 4G services.

It's part o Vodafone's "Project Spring" ?13Bn investment programme and they will sub-let to O2.

sanity girl Wrote:

> It will only benefit people who have mobile phones

> that use 4G. I have an iPhone 4s that uses 3G not

> 4G. So no, I don't think it will benefit all

> mobile users.

Should you read the supporting documents you may find that it covers 2G,3G and 4G specifically..

4G 800 MHz

Cellular Band

2G/3G 900 MHz

Cellular Band

2G 1800 MHz

Cellular Band

3G 2100 MHz

Cellular Band

4G 2600 MHz

Cellular Band

• 3 weeks later...

According to the Dulwich Society Newsletter.

________

Proposed Mobile Phone mast on the corner of Village Way & Half Moon Lane: Along with more than 270 other local residents, the Society objected to the planning application to install a radio base station at this junction. The Council has now refused the application.

I wonder on what mandate the Dulwich Society objected? Did it raise the opinion of its members - I don't recall responding.

Good news it is rejected though.