whats abbotswood like behind sainsburies?

shell

If you look at the fixture list you'll see the home fixtures are relatively infrequent.

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/dulwichhamlet/teams/56196/fixtures-results

In October, there will be two Saturday games and one Tuesday evening*. There will be some noise associated with that, but you may even find it quite warming - it's quite a wholesome club.

* This is for the men's first team. The ladies' team and under 18's I think also have fixtures there, but don't currently draw comparable crowds

Thanks so much everyone , that's really reassuring. Does anyone know when the football stadium redevelopment is happening? I can't find much info online. I know there's also lots of housing planned, which is great, but worried we might be stumbling into a building site as not sure where those are going? So might be a bit out of the frying pan into the fire for us! (We're moving from somewhere very noisy, hence our obsession!)

I posted the original message and my mum did move there - and has been as happy as larry for 5 years. It's a lovely place to live - you can hear the stadium but its not disturbing - if anything it feels really exciting when there's a match on.

I think it has the best ratio of niceness/affordability in Dulwich. Go for it!

• 2 months later...
Just an update to say that we moved here and are so happy - thanks for everyone's advice. It's like a little oasis of calm and loveliness. Everyone on the street is so friendly and it feels like a real community, and dare I say it, it feels more 'normal' than other parts of East Dulwich we've lived in (plus points)! We're also enjoying spotting jay birds in Green Dale and Peter Crouch in the Sainsbury's 😁

• 7 months later...