Dulwich Leisure Centre..poor management

I have voiced my concerns before. Separate but equally relevant. It's not just the red and green lights, the whole turnstile doesn't work and hasn't for at least 3 years, you only gain access when a staff member presses the button.

There was no facility to get any cold water today. Both fountains knackered and only extremely hot coming out of the bathroom taps.

One hair-dryer in the gents was reported as broken on the 8th - still not been fixed. The other stopped working and was removed. If i had a viable alternative (travel etc) I would take it. It has such good potential.

Just for an example and I appreciate this is far out of London, but this facility is about as good as it gets.....?39 per month membership. http://www.underground-gym.com/

Is there ANYONE that we can talk to about this and raise concerns in a way that is tracked and will be responded to? I emailed Councillor Barber directly and received no reply.

trinidad Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Bob, all that is correct, but at the moment fusion

> and the council are only committing to one year of

> funding.

>

> there is talk of offering all adults free gym/swim

> within southwark free also

Well, it was a promise in Labour's manifesto. Let's see how it pans out. My money's on it being introduced just before the next local elections, with a proviso that the free sessions are on Monday mornings between 9am and 10am...

I came onto this thread to simply contribute my positive views of DLC: the gym is big and the architecture has oodles of character, the equipment is more than adequate, the pool is great, the studio classes on offer are varied and accessible and the instructors are very good. Not least of all the membership fees are very reasonable. I also find the customer service particularly good - keep an eye out for Ann, who might just be the loveliest lady I've ever been served by.

I've been going a while. I find the reception staff pleasant and helpful. The instructors are great. However I recntly cancelled membership because I'm fed up of turning up to classes only to find that there is no instructor. This normally happens when the regular is on holiday and adequate cover has not been arranged. A couple of weeks ago I rang fifteen minutes before to check the class was definitely happening - I was told it was but after waiting fifteen minutes no teacher, no explanation and told to use gym instead. I didn't want to vent my grievances at reception so emailed the manager but no reply to date. Management is shambolic. A real shame I think it is a nice centre as they go.

went to the gym at 2:30pm today, had a great workout, went off to the planned General swim at 3:10pm, to be told i could could not go and go swimming by the reception staff due to limited lifeguards.

There was about eight people in reception, many with children., Boi was i pissed.

I sugged waiting, and was told by reception, they could not gurentee me access to the pool. i decided to go back to the gym, which meant, repacking my things back into the locker.

15 mintes later, i tried again, saw none of the people waiting in reception, asked if i could have my swim, "sure" i was told. 'no one came to get me' came to get me i thought, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• 4 months later...

Just to add to the long list of complaints...

The water taps in the gym have NEVER worked properly in the 2-3 years I've been going! I have given up asking when they are going to be mended. They're taps! How difficult, in 2016 East Dulwich, is it to get WATER coming out of TAPS?!

I totally agree with KikiMac about the taps. The plumbing at the Leisure Centre has been a disaster almost as long as it's been refurbished. And then there is the fact that the changing rooms are filthy most of the time. The men's wetside changing room nearly always stinks of urine.

• 2 weeks later...

I cancelled my subscription mid November. I was told about the 1 month notice for the cancellation and I said fine. So on December they pulled out money from the DD.

Then on January they did it again... I tried contacting them about it, and never got a response. I went there in person to resolve my issue and I was told that the manager is home sick and she might be back in 3 days. Great now a gym that runs without a manager for a whole week... first time am seeing that.

Then on Monday I went in spoke to the manager, told her that its unacceptable and filled up a complain form as well. She told me she is going to refund my money within 7-10 days, and she is going to try to speed up the process and she is going to email me about it...

7 days after nothing back from her, and nothing back from my official complain. I contacted the corporate fusion lifestyle HR department where I spoke with a guy that told me that he is going to forward my case to "Dan" which is the General Manager... Now that Dan apparently has no last name as it seems...

Hope I get my case resolved soon or am calling the ombudsman.

Just to add about the gym, water taps are not working. The card reading machine needs a replacement. The gym is dirty.

Its rare that your going to see any actual gym trainers in the gym... They always hang around the reception chatting. (I'd love to see what happens when someone has an injury and there is no trainer in place.)

The personal trainers are the only ones in this gym that you'll see, they have absolutely no respect for other members, just to get their stuff done...

General rating I'd give to this gym for the subscription money would be 4/10 at its best.

My experience of the gym instructors have been rather different.

Firstly, i have never seen instructors "hanging around the reception chatting" generally, they are in the gym, after all, thats there office. I notice they are at the podium sometimes, in front of a PC. For me, i have genrally found the staff quite polite, and easy to approach, sorry if thats not the norm, but I can only talk about my own experience.

I was originally on the gym referral scheme, in-which the customers have a number of needs. A Personal trainer looked after the group, and even gave us individual work out plans, with lots of encouragement.

Again sorry if this is not your experience.

I do agree however there appears to be a ongoing plumbing issue and the card reader is touch and go, both of these problems i have seen since last summer.

Unfortunantly, i have not been at the gym recently, just too cold to go, terrible excuse i know :(