Underwhelmed by ED

dulwichdreadlocks

dulwichdreadlocks Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> IMO, East Dulwich is not all it's cracked up to

> be...

ur not the crazy guy on the 176 bus a few weeks ago who, as soon as the bus hit ED, started ranting loudly & going mental abt how crap ED is & started swearing at everyone who got off in ED - he seemed to rate penge..

I'm moving to Elephant & Castle...for the Elephants and Castles

>:D<

If ever there was an area to be underwhelmed by, that's it. When I first arrived in the UK I actually got off the tube at E&C to have a look around because I thought it sounded really interesting :-$

Yeah man, I want my money back - I've been conned too.

I thought I was buying into a low-key but reasonably pleasant London suburb with some decent houses which we could still afford, with a few nice parks, plenty of families so family friendly, a few bars and the odd restaurant or two.

Turns out it's nothing but a low-key but reasonably pleasant London suburb with some decent houses which we could still afford, with a few nice parks, plenty of families so family friendly, a few bars and the odd restaurant or two.

I can't believe I've been such a fool.

LOL...I'll take the average good denizen of The Elephant and Castle over the average Good Burgher of East Dulwich any day.

No cancel that!

I'll take the average inhabitant of The Elephant and Castle circa 1955-1980 where I was born and I grew up.

Most, would do anything for you.

Not so sure these days, though they might assist you with House Clearance, if required.

RosieH Wrote:

> You're right Tony, East Dulwich is sh*t. Let's

> all move to 1950.

Who said East Dulwich was sh+t?? Please tell me and I'll have a word in their shell-like Rosie.

I mean, I know I didn't and I'm sure you're not saying that so who?

Name Names!

Secondly, if you or anyone else think that I'm going to let a comment like this go unanswered

"If ever there was an area to be underwhelmed by, that's it. " by Pickle at 8.13PM you're very much mistaken.

btw You are being rather selective aren't you Rosie?

I was RESPONDING to a criticism of the Area where I was Born and had an idyllic childhood and Youth so its all right for someone or some people to slag off MY Hometown but not all right for me to reply, accordingly?

How does that work?

Tony you are right to pick up on my wanton use of hyperbole: saying that the people of Elephant and Castle circa 1955-1980 are preferable to the people of East Dulwich in 2009 is not the same as saying that East Dulwich is sh*t.

I am duly chastened.

RosieH Wrote:

> Tony you are right to pick up on my wanton use of

> hyperbole: saying that the people of Elephant and

> Castle circa 1955-1980 are preferable to the

> people of East Dulwich in 2009 is not the same as

> saying that East Dulwich is sh*t.

>

> I am duly chastened.

Now I don't know if you are pulling my plonker or not Rosie.:))...but I can tell you that that area was totally safe, you could play out all day and night, as children and walk home at 3.00 AM/4.00AM without a care in the World, as Adults.

The people had little but "most" would do anything for each other and there was a real Community Spirit, I have to say.

The irony is that I actually praised Dulwich,generally, just 2 minutes later on The East Dulwich Issues Page on the "Is Alleyns School a Cuckoo?" thread as follows:

"Alleyns is one of the Jewels In The Crown of Dulwich. ".

RosieH Wrote:

> Is Monkey Butlers slang for something?

>

> Because if it isn't, I want one - I want a monkey

> in a smoking jacket bringing me ice for my drink

> and answering the door to gentleman callers

Yeah you could even teach it to change the red light bulb when it blows.