April fools...

Andystar

Too easy moos, too easy.

Though I'll point out to *Bob* that BBW's post could easily be a statement and therefore quite correct, though I will also note that *Bob*'s post does contain a question mark and is therefore questioning the possibility rather than correcting BBW per se, so I'll shut up, which may or may not be hyphenated.

I'll also get my coat.

And a list from others

APRIL FOOLS' DAY FUN

Somehow, the Daily Mail has got its mitts on an astonishing picture of the home secretary Jacqui Smith emerging from an Ann Summers shop with a bag full of goodies...hold on, that picture doesn't look right. Oh, you guys! It's April Fools' day again. Many of the other papers join in the annual try-to-trick-the-reader session.

The Sun says the Ukraine football team have been given permission to play the full six-and-a-half minute long version of their national anthem at tonight's match against England. "Any fan who sits back down or jeers during the performance may face ejection," readers are warned. The Express tells the story of Alberto, his surname withheld to protect him from prosecution, who has rendered his Westfield sports car invisible to speed cameras using a specially formulated clear plastic film. The Telegraph tries to convince its readers that moves are afoot to harness the power generated by salmon to boil kettles And the Guardian's jape? You'd have to be a twit(ter) not to spot the anagram on page five.

The Sun - Ukraine's big game refrain is 6min pain

The Express - Now you see it...now you don't

The Daily Mail - Oh Jacqui

Telegraph - The salmon current

Guardian - Twitter switch for Guardian, after 188 years of ink

Good self send up though, I liked the bit at the bottom

From the archive

Highlights from the Guardian's Twitterised news archive

OMG first successful transatlantic air flight wow, pretty cool! Boring day

otherwise *sigh*

W Churchill giving speech NOW - "we shall fight on the beaches ... we shall never surrender" check YouTube later for the rest

Listening 2 new band "The Beatles"

Berlin Wall falls! Majority view of Twitterers = it's a historic moment! What do you think??? Have your say

RT@mohammedalfayed: FYI NeilHamilton, Harrods boss offering ??? 4 questions in House of Commons! Check it out

Marmora Man Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Does she have her own office? With friend's we

> once filled a fellow student's room to the ceiling

> with screwed up balls of newspaper - took three of

> us 30 mins to fill a standard single hall of

> residence room - it took him 2 hours to get into

> his room, and then he had to get rid of the paper.

Years ago I worked a 12 month contract in Glasgow for an engineering form and after constant tit for tat wind ups between me and the IT Operators, I finally had my comeuppance on my last day when someone stole my car keys, opened the sun roof on my car and filled it up with polystyrene packing balls and shredded paper before return my keys to my desk.

Funny thing is that the WHOLE firm (including the managing director) were in the car park to wave me off that night and I didn't realise why until I got to my car...

Almost the same as filling a room, but much more frustrating as you can't just 'dump' the waste on the side of the road now.